In this week's episode of the "Celtics Talk" podcast, A. Sherrod Blakely and Kyle Draper discuss the Cavs introduction of Isaiah Thomas and Jae Crowder, plus bring you some of the exclusive interviews we have had over the past few days - Isaiah Thomas in Cleveland, Celtics head coach Brad Stevens, former Celtics head coach Doc Rivers.
Here's a rundown of this episode:
Kyle and Sherrod
- 1:10: Reaction to Isaiah Thomas/Jae Crowder press conference
- 4:30: Are people underestimating the Cavs with Derrick Rose and Jose Calderon to fill in for Isaiah?
- 8:03: Isaiah Thomas Player’s Tribune letter
A. Sherrod Blakely interview with Isaiah Thomas
- 11:37: Isaiah on dealing with the trade
- 12:34: IT on playing with LeBron
- 13:04: Questions with hip injury effecting 'backing up the Brinks truck' next summer
- 14:04: What it would be like to play the Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals
- 15:48: How does IT not take it personally getting traded?
- 16:27: Isaiah's conversation with Brad Stevens
- 17:22: Does the relationship change with young players on C’s?
Kyle with Brad Stevens
- 18:35: On entering his 5th season with Celtics
- 19:22: Thoughts on the overhauled roster
- 20:03: Stevens thought on Isaiah’s letter
- 22:47: Stevens on theory that Kyrie Irving is a ‘ball dominant guard’
Kyle with Doc Rivers
- 25:17: Doc talks about Celtics big changes
- 26:12: Kyrie Irving is a closer…you need closers
- 27:12: Danny Ainge rebuild - “As good a rebuild as you’ve ever seen”
- 28:05: Adjustment for Clippers from losing Chris Paul
- 28:52: Loss of Jamal Crawford
- 29:30: His role change within the organization
- 30:20: The stacked West, and how everyone is still chasing the Warriors
Kyle and Sherrod
- 31:50 Marcus Smart - Losing weight; importance of his role on defense with loss of Bradley and Crowder
- 33:41 Expecting Tatum/Brown to play big roles