As rumors swirl in this post-draft, pre-free agency week for the NBA, Adam Kaufman of 98.5 The Sports Hub reported Friday that the Celtics could land long-rumored target Gordon Hayward AND trade for Paul George. And Kaufman says George would be more than just a one-year rental.
Take this FWIW: Hearing #Celtics in position to deal 4 George with 3-yr ext in place, but will depend on signing Hayward 1st. Lotsa dominos.— Adam Kaufman (@AdamMKaufman) June 23, 2017
Kaufman elaborated on a possible George deal on his "Celtics @ 7" show Saturday. He said the trade with the Indiana Pacers wouldn't cost Boston next year's Brooklyn pick, rather it would be the first-round pick (Lakers 2018 or Kings 2019) acquired this week from the Philadelphia 76ers when Boston traded down the No. 1 for No. 3, a 2019 first-rounder from the Clippers or Grizzlies, along with Jae Crowder and another salary filler.
- Grading the Celtics' draft grades
- Are Porzingis, Griffin, Aldridge to Celtics rumors dead or alive?
- Mannix: Celtics have to terrify Lakers if they trade for Paul George
- Crowder was liking a lot of negative tweets while George rumors swirled
- Did Suns ask Jackson to cancel his Celtics workout to keep him from Boston?
Before you run out and buy that No. 13 Celtics Paul George jersey, Dan Feldman of NBCSports.com explains how financially disadvantageous it would be for George - long thought to want to head to the Lakers - to do this.