TORONTO -- Some notes and quotes from the Red Sox' 3-0 loss to Toronto:
* "Outstanding job on his part. Kept us in the game into the seventh inning. I thought he minimized the damage as best as possible in the first, and after the first, he settled in and controlled command of the knuckleball very well.'' - John Farrell on starter Steven Wright.
* "I'm human.'' - Dustin Pedroia, on his errant throw in the first which led to an unearned run for the Blue Jays.
* "(He had) kind of a Bugs Bunny changeup. He pitched a heck of a game against us. We've been swinging the bats well and he shut us down.'' - Farrell on Toronto starter Marco Estrada.
* "To be able to get into the seventh was huge. But they played better than us today, so you tip your hat to them.'' - Steven Wright on his outing.
* "My three times I faced him, he didn't give me one good pitch to hit.'' - Pedroia on Estrada.
* The home run allowed by Noe Ramirez to Josh Donaldson snapped a scoreless streak of 9 1/3 innings by the Boston bullpen.
* Brock Holt was unavailable because of a sore right foot. He fouled a pitch off his foot in his final at-bat Saturday and it became sore overnight. He got some treatment and underwent x-rays Sunday, which were negative. He's expected to be in the lineup Monday.
* Dustin Pedroia's eighth-inning single extended his on-base streak vs. A.L. East opponents to 42 straight games, dating back to last April 24. He's also reached in each of his last 24 games against Toronto.
* Dating back to last season, Steven Wright has allowed two earned runs or fewer in his last five starts.
* Hanley Ramirez has multi-hit games in four of the five games to date.
* Mookie Betts was hitless and is now 1-for-20 since his third at-bat of the season.