Quotes, Notes and Stars from the Red Sox' 5-3 win over New York:
* "When you get the job done, it's fun. When you don't, it's not as much fun." Matt Barnes, asked if it was fun to get out of a bases-loaded, two-out jam in the ninth.
* "Bad day, bad night, but in the positive side, we still won the game." Craig Kimbrel.
* "I don't have any comment on that. Baseball stuff, it happens down on the field, and I'm just going to let it stay there between me and Headley." Rick Porcello on his argument with Chase Headley, which resulted in the benches emptying.
* The save by Matt Barnes was his first at any level of pro ball.
* Jackie Bradley Jr. recorded his 11th assist of the season, most of any center fielder in the game.
* Mookie Betts now has two hitting streaks of 10 games or more this season.
* The Red Sox are 22-9 when Dustin Pedroia drives in a run.
* Andrew Benintendi became the first Red Sox player since 1913 to have back-to-back three-hit games in the first six games of his career.
* Rick Porcello became the fourth active pitcher to win 100 games before his 28th birthday. The others: Clayton Kershaw, Felix Hernandez and CC Sabathia.
* The Sox are 9-1 in Porcello's last 10 starts.
* Boston is 23-14 in series openers.
* Red Sox pitchers have allowed three or fewer runs in eight of the last 10 games.
1) Rick Porcello
Porcello once again proved to be the real Red Sox stopper with eight solid innings, allowing just two runs. He's now 7-1 after Red Sox losses.
2) Andrew Benintendi
Benintendi was in the middle of the Red Sox' two big innings -- the third and fifth -- with three hits and two runs scored and an RBI.
3) Matt Barnes
He only recorded one out, but it was the biggest of the game after Craig Kimbrel had walked four, forced in a run and put the winning run on base in the ninth.