SEATTLE -- Quotes, Notes and Stars from the Red Sox' 3-1 loss to Seattle:
* "It felt good to get it out of the way. It's just one of those things you dream about your entire life. I got to first base and it kind of set in.'' Andrew Benintendi on his first major league hit.
* "I'm just here so I don't get fined.'' Hanley Ramirez, jokingly, as he answered questions about his wrist post-game.
* "I felt like threw the ball well, but their guy was better. He was outstanding.'' Rick Porcello, who was outpitched by Seattle starter Hisashi Iwakuma.
* After not giving up a homer in any of his previous three starts and just one in his last seven, Rick Porcello allowed three solo homers.
* The loss for Porcello, just his third of the year, was his first since May 17, covering 13 starts.
* Porcello's streak of consecutive quality starts on the road was stretched to five.
* Brock Holt got his first start of the season at second base.
* Xander Bogaerts (0-for-11) is hitless for the series to date.
* The Red Sox have failed to collect more than nine hits in nine straight games, their longest such streak of the season.
* This marks just the second time this season that Bogaerts has gone hitless in three straight games.
* The Sox are averaging just three runs per game on the road trip so far.
1) Hisashi Iwakuma
Iwakuma toyed with the Red Sox, allowing just five hits in 7 1/3 scoreless innings. He fanned seven and didn't walk a batter.
2) Mike Zunino
For the second night in a row, Zunino homered against the Red Sox.
His solo shot last night provided the margin of victory, and just for good measure, added a single in a later at-bat.
3) Andrew Benintendi
It's not every day that you collect your first major league hit. But Benintendi did that one better by adding another single in the eighth, going 2-for-3 in his first start.