Quotes, notes and stars from the Red Sox’ 6-0 loss to the Cleveland Indians:
* “I got two wins in the playoffs, just not as a starter. But I know good things are coming to me in October baseball.” - David Price said when asked about the chatter surrounding his struggles in the postseason.
* “It was tough to see [the ball] that first at bat.” - Lonnie Chisenhall on dealing with shadows in the at-bat when he hit his three-run home run.
* “Backs against the wall. It’s pretty clear what lies ahead of us. We go home down 0-2, Clay Buchholz on the mound Sunday with an attitude of no tomorrow.” - John Farrell on where the team goes after losing the first two games of the series.
* “No we had a chance to regroup s everyone does going into the postseason. Thought we came in prepared . . . To link this back to the final week of the season, I wouldn’t go that far.” - Farrell said when asked if he felt the two losses were a carry-over from Boston’s tough end to the regular season..
* “We talked before the game about [it]. Would he be a little bit rusty, or would he be really good? I think he answered that question. He was terrific. . . You go through that lineup and don’t give up runs, you’re pitching.” - Terry Francona on Corey Kluber’s effort.
MORE - McAdam: Another disappointing chapter in Price's postseason resume | Merloni: Price has a zoo on his back now, forget the monkey | Pedroia, Ortiz at a loss after Red Sox fall behind 0-2 to Indians
* David Price allowed his 11th home run in 9 postseason starts. In those starts, he has a 5.74 ERA.
* Friday’s start was Price’s fourth start where he’d given up five earned runs, that’s the fifth most by any starting pitcher in MLB history
* Lonnie Chisenhall’s home run off of Price in the second was his first off a left-handed pitcher this year.
* Corey Kluber improves to 36-0 on his career when he gets at least four runs in support.
* Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts, Jackie Bradley Jr. have combined 2-for-20 through the first two games of the ALDS.
* Brock Holt is 4-for-8 so far this series.
* Through the first two starts, Rick Porcello and Price combined for 7 1/3 innings, 10 runs and 12 hits.
* Teams trailing 0-2 in Division Series have advanced in 6 of 53 series.
1) Corey Kluber
Kluber stepped up in his first postseason start, pitching like the Cy Young Award winner that he is, striking out seven over seven, giving up just three hits.
2) Lonnie Chisenhall
The lefty smoked a David Price fastball in the second inning to set things in motion for Cleveland.
3) Brandon Guyer
Yes, Brandon Guyer. He went 3-for-4 with two runs and an RBI.