NEW YORK -- Quotes, notes and stars from the Red Sox' 6-4 loss to the Yankees:
"I went 0-for-5 today, so I ain't got (anything) to talk about.'' - David Ortiz after turning around and seeing a small army of reporters waiting for him in front of his locker.
"To have a chance to clinch the division for us here (and come up sort), it's not acceptable. If my offense scores me four runs, I feel like I should be able to go out there and win.'' - David Price.
"The bottom line story to this one was (Price) mislocating within the strike zone.'' - John Farrell.
* Boston's season-best 11-game win streak was snapped with the loss.
* David Price took his first loss since Aug. 7.
* Price is 1-3 with a 7.89 ERA against the Yankees this season.
* Aaron Hill contributed his first pinch-hit homer in his career.
* Mookie Betts saw his streak of reaching base in 38 straight road games stopped.
* Dustin Pedroia posted his third straight multi-hit game.
* For the 20th time this season, Xander Bogaerts enjoyed a three-hit game.
* In his last 12 games, Andrew Benintendi has eight extra-base hits.
* Hill's pinch-hit homer was the third by the Red Sox this month.
1) Tyler Austin
The rookie first baseman snapped a 4-4 tie in the seventh with a two-run homer and also added two more hits in three at-bats.
2) Gary Sanchez
The first-year catcher continues to amaze, hitting his 20th homer in only his 51st game, sending the Yanks out to a quick 2-0 lead in the first inning.
3) Luis Cessa
Cessa took a big step forward from his last start against the Red Sox by keeping them scoreless through the first five innings before allowing two runs in the sixth.