BOSTON - Quotes, notes and stars from the Boston Red Sox' 5-1 loss to the Baltimore Orioles:
"It comes down to more consistent execution and location. It's not a matter of stuff.'' - John Farrell on Eduardo Rodriguez.
"It's somewhat the sequence, and certainly the (lack of) location.'' - Farrell on Rodriguez's changuep being hit around.
"Being in the bullpen, the only thing I can do is fight back and pitch to the best of my abilities and try to help this team win any way I can.'' - Clay Buchholz, who threw three scoreless innings.
"I just missed my spots a lot of times. When I tried to throw to the outside corner, the pitch was right in the middle, with the fastball and the chaneup.'' - Eduardo Rodriguez.
"You can see the fastball is coming back; I just have to work on the location more to both sides of the plate and don't miss around the middle.'' - Rodriguez.
* The Sox have been held scoreless in the first three innings in six of their last nine games.
* David Ortiz extended his major league lead in two categories: doubles (29) and extra-base hits (47).
* Ortiz has nine extra-base hits in 10 games against the Orioles this season.
* The Red Sox have yet to win series with the Orioles this year, going 0-2-1 to date.
* The home run by Ortiz in the ninth was his 209th at Fenway, moving him past Jim Rice and into third place in that category.
* Over his last 14 games in the big leagues, catcher Sandy Leon is hitting .366 (15-for-41)
* The Sox fell to 5-8 in June.
1) Tyler Wilson
Sure, some of the outs against him were very well struck, but he shutout the Sox for eight innings, allowing just three hits.
2) Adam Jones
Jones gave Wilson all the help he would need in the third with a two-run homer and later added a run-scoring double.
3) David Ortiz
The rest of the lineup was quieted, but not the DH. He smacked a double to left in the seventh, then snapped the shutout bid in the ninth with a solo homer.