BOSTON - Quotes, notes and stars from the Red Sox' 8-4 loss to the Seattle Mariners at Fenway Park:
* "Because I'm a bad-ass.'' -David Ortiz, when asked how he's hitting the ball so hard of late.
* "It means a lot. Historically you guys know how great Mr. Ted Williams was. Whenever they throw your name out there with those legendary [guys], it kind of tells you what kind of career you're having.'' -Ortiz on career homer No. 521.
* "We found a way to fight back and build a couple of innings, but still, after a seven-run hole, that's a bit much to come back from.'' -John Farrell on the loss.
* "One guy in the lineup ended up being the major difference here tonight.'' -Farrell on Seattle outfielder Franklin Gutierrez (six RBI).
* The seven earned runs allowed by Roenis Elias tied a career high.
* Xander Bogaerts has 97 hits, the most in MLB.
* Since May 4, Jackie Bradley Jr. hasn't gone three straight games without an extra-base hit.
* Over his last 15 games in majors, Sandy Leon is hitting .400 (18-for-45).
* The Red Sox bullpen has a 1.61 ERA in the past nine games.
* The Sox were just 1-for-13 with runners in scoring position and are 7-for-44 (.159).
* David Ortiz hit career homer No. 521, tying him with Willie McCovey, Frank Thomas and Ted Williams.
* The Sox are just 4-20 when scoring four runs or fewer.
* Ortiz has 23 extra-base hits in his past 21 home games.
1) Frankin Gutierrez
The Mariners outfielder had two homers -- one solo, one with a man aboard -- and a bases-clearing double, giving him six RBI on the night. He has three multi-homer games in his career and two have been at Fenway.
2) David Ortiz
The Red Sox have scored five runs the last two nights and Ortiz has knocked in three of them. He homered for the second straight night, moving into a tie with three others for 19th on the all-time list.
3) Hisashi Iwakuma
The Mariners starter allowed four runs in seven innings, but he had pretty of comfort thanks to the Mariners' early explosion and was able to take his team deep into the game.