BOSTON – Quotes, Notes and Stars from the Red Sox’ 12-8 loss to Tampa Bay:
* "Guys swung the bats good. We had quality at-bats. Sometimes, you hit it right at them, or they make a tough pitch in a seven- or eight-pitch at-bat. It's part of the game.'' - Dustin Pedroia on the Red Sox offense.
* "That's the best I've felt in my four starts here. To me, that's the most disappointing thing. When you feel as good I felt, I want to go out and get the results that I expect. I just didn't do that today.'' - David Price on his outing.
* "That's the fourth time I've faced those guys, so that weirdness is gone by now. I definitely enjoyed my time there and I enjoy those guys. But in between those lines, I want to get after them.'' - Price on facing his original team.
* "My whole career, I've been a starter. But the bullpen? I've got to get used to it.'' - William Cuevas, who pitched 2 1/3 innings of relief as a reliever.
* Travis Shaw became the first lefthanded Red Sox hitter to collect 30 extra-base hits in his first 80 games since Fred Lynn in 1975.
* The eight runs allowed by David Price tied a career high, done three previous times.
* David Ortiz's third double in the last two games gave him 592 for his career, tying him with Todd Helton for 16th all-time.
* Dustin Pedroia's sixth-inning double was career hit No. 1,500. He became the 10th player to reach that number as a member of the Red Sox.
* In 25 career games against Tampa Bay, Mookie Betts is hitting .340 with 17 RBI.
1) Logan Forsythe
The Rays leadoff man got on base five times with three hits and two walks, while scoring three runs and knocking in another.
2) Steven Souza Jr.
In addition to a walk, a run-scoring single and an RBI double, Souza made a spectacular leaping grab in right to take extra bases away from David Ortiz in the first inning.
3) Dustin Pedroia
Pedroia hit a two-run homer in the first, singled in the second and doubled in the fifth, the latter of which gave him his 1,500th career hit.