Quotes, notes and stars from the Red Sox' 5-2 loss to Toronto:
"He pitched a quality game, kept us in it.'' - John Farrell on David Price.
"The split has been inconsistent. Tonight, it didn't have the typical finish...There's been times when he's had quality, consistent finish to it. Tonight was not one of them.'' - Farrell on Koji Uehara.
"It's tough to put us in a hole 2-0 before we get a chance to hit.'' - Price on allowing a first inning two-run homer to Edwin Encarnacion.
"I am pretty disappointed. But obviously, it was going to end some day. I definitely wasn't going to go the whole season with (a streak). It's unfortunate that it ended tonight, but it's part of the game.'' - Xander Bogaerts on his hitting streak ending.
"Oh, for sure. I'm going to be honest. Man, every third or fourth at-bat, I've been like, you don't really have to get a hit, but you need one.'' - Bogaerts, asked if a burden has been lifted now that the streak is over.
* Xander Bogaerts (0-for-3 with two walks) saw his 26-game hitting streak come to an end.
* David Ortiz extended his hitting streak to 11 games.
* Ortiz leads the American League in doubles (24) and extra-base hits (41).
* The sixth-inning double was his 500th with the Red Sox.
* Mookie Betts scored his 53rd run of the season, the highest total for a Red Sox player at this point in the season since 1950.
* The Red Sox are 13-14 within their own division and 19-9 against all other opponents.
* Betts has scored at least one run in his each of his last seven games.
1) R.A. Dickey
For the second time in the last week, Dickey no-hit the Red Sox through the first five innings. He allowed just one run (unearned) on only two hits while improving to 3-6.
2) Edwin Encarnacion
The DH was 2-for-4 with a big two-run homer in the first inning off David Price staking the Jays to an early lead.
3) Devon Travis
Like Encarnacion, Travis had a two-run homer -- off Koji Uehara in the eighth. He also reached on an error and came around to score.
Sean McAdam can be followed on Twitter: @Sean_McAdam