BOSTON -- Quotes, notes and stars from the Red Sox’ 6-3 win over the Diamondbacks:
* “We’ve talked a lot this year that that’s the part of the order that has the chance of separating us from some teams offensively.” John Farrell on the bottom third of Boston’s lineup.
* “I was doing what I could to stay relaxed and stay calm on the mound . . . Not trying to get the adrenaline too high, because if it does I end up missing with my pitches and not throwing them where I want.” Brad Ziegler on coming in with no outs and the bases loaded against his old team.
* “He’s one of the best relievers in the league right-on-right and that was on display here tonight.” Farrell on Ziegler.
* “I tried to treat it like I’ve been treating the outings out of the pen. Went out there a little bit later, didn’t play as much long toss . . . Prior to going into the game I was thinking about going all set because that’s sort of what I’ve been doing and felt really good with doing that . . . I felt really good, felt like I had more left in the tank even when John came out and got me. But I knew there was a limit set prior to the game.” Buchholz on his outing.
* Brad Ziegler struck out the side in the eighth inning for the first time since 4/10/10 when he played for Oakland.
* Boston’s No. 7, 8 and 9 hitters -- Sandy Leon, Brock Holt and Andrew Benintendi -- went 5-10 with four RBI, scoring all of the Red Sox’ six runs.
* The Red Sox clinched their first series win since 7/19-7/20 when they won the two-game set against the Giants.
* Dustin Pedroia has now reached in 26-straight home games after his RBI-single in the third inning.
* Andrew Benintendi is 11-for-29 (.379) since being called up to Boston. In his 10 games played, he has four multi-hit contests including Saturday’s 2-for-3 performance.
1) Sandy Leon
Leon had another big night, finishing 2-for-3 with two runs and an RBI off his pivotal home run to right.
2) Brock Holt
Despite only going 1-for-4, Holt scored three runs for the Sox, and launched a two-run home run over the bullpen.
3) Andrew Benintendi
The rookie had another big game, adding two hits to the cause -- one being a double. He also scored a run and knocked one in.