Quotes, notes and stars from the Red Sox' 7-3 win over the White Sox:
* "Where five days ago, he was able to harness things and command the baseball a little better, tonight that was not the case.'' - John Farrell on Henry Owens.
* "That was a momentum shift for us.'' - Farrell on the inning-ending double play that ended the fifth, with Mookie Betts throwing out Brett Lowrie at the plate.
* "They've done outstanding work, when our backs have been against the wall with some early exits by starters.'' Farrell on the bullpen contributions.
* "It's disappointing, (after) working hard on my mechanics the last five days.'' - Owens on his command struggles.
* "It's good to win a series, for sure, against this team.'' - Xander Bogaerts on the win.
* Seven different Red Sox hitters produced an RBI.
* The Red Sox are 9-2 in their last 11 and 11-4 in their last 15.
* Hanley Ramirez, who homered for the second time in his last two games, has nine RBI in his last nine games.
* Jackie Bradley Jr. extended his hitting streak to 11 straight games.
* The Sox became the first team to beat the White Sox two games in a row at home.
1) Matt Barnes
Barnes picked up the win in relief, contributing five big outs in the middle innings and stabilizing the game for the Red Sox bullpen.
2) Dustin Pedroia
After going hitless Wednesday night in the cleanup spot, Pedroia was back in the No. 2 hole and got the Sox off on the right foot with a solo homer in the top of the first. He later added two more hits.
3) Hanley Ramirez
Returning from a one-game absence, Ramirez belted his second homer in as many games and also worked two walks, a good sign for someone who not long ago was too often expanding the strike zone.