NEW YORK -- Quotes, Notes and Stars from the Red Sox' 8-2 loss to the Yankees:
"I don't think there's anything mechanical here; I think the biggest thing is [the lack of] a consistent finishing pitch.'' -John Farrell on David Price.
"It's down a bit from what we've been accustomed to seeing, but that's not health related.'' -Farrell on Price's velocity.
"I didn't execute enough pitches and they hit some good ones.'' -Price.
"The more velocity that you have, the more mistakes you can get away with. Right now, I'm not getting away with mistakes.'' -Price.
"I don't know, honestly. That's something I've got to figure out.'' -Price, when asked what's different in his performance.
"My first seven starts...this has sucked. It's not fun for me. I don't enjoy it. I've got to get better.'' -Price.
* David Price has allowed five or more earned runs in four of his seven starts this season.
* This marked the first time that Price has allowed six or more earned runs in consecutive starts.
* Price saw his six-game winning streak snapped at Yankee Stadium
* The loss guarantees that the Red Sox will lose their first road series of the season.
* Brock Holt has hit safely in every road game this season and is hitting .333 with 14 RBI on the road.
* Jackie Bradley Jr. extended his hitting streak to 13 games with a solo homer in the fifth.
* The Red Sox dropped to 3-7 in day games this season.
* The 2012 season was the last time Price has failed to get through five innings twice in a season.
1) Nathan Eovaldi
On a day in which the Yankees were thin in their bullpen and without the use of their two best relievers, they needed Eovaldi to pitch deep into the game. He pitched eight strong innings and allowed just two runs while not walking a batter.
2) Austin Romine
The backup catcher enjoyed a big day at the plate with three hits, including run-scoring doubles in the third and eighth.
3) Didi Gregorius
Gregorius had a sacrifice which led to a run in the third and singled and scored in the sixth, but his big contribution was a bases-loaded double in the fourth off Price.