Quotes, notes and stars from the Red Sox' 4-0 win over the San Francisco Giants:
"He's a year too late, if you ask me, in retiring. I'd have loved to play that game without him tonight.'' - Jake Peavy on David Ortiz.
"It's just some soreness that I feel, muscle soreness. I'm just praying that it's not too serious.'' - Koji Uehara, on the injury forcing him from the game in the ninth inning.
"I have no idea and honestly, I don't care. If we win the division and the World Series, that's all that I care about. Sorry to shoot that question down, but it's not on the forefront of my mind.'' - Rick Porcello, asked if he felt like he would be in the running for the Cy Young Award.
"We've seen Koji where he's worked best (is) with a clean inning. If a guy gets on, middle of the order, we would go to him. So most effective with a clean inning, a four-run lead...that's the reason to go to him in that spot.'' - John Farrell on why Uehara was in the game in a non-save situation.
* David Ortiz has four homers in his last five home games.
* Ortiz already has as many extra-base hits at home this season (42) as he did all of last season.
* Red Sox pitchers have not allowed a run at Fenway over the last 25 innings.
* The shutout was the fourth of the season for the Red Sox.
* Rick Porcello became the first Red Sox since Dennis Eckersley (1978) to win his first nine decisions of a season at home.
* Jackie Bradley Jr. has 10 assists this season, the most of any center fielder.
* Dustin Pedroia has reached base in 22 straight games.
* The Red Sox improved to 9-3 in their last 12 games against the Giants.
* The Sox are 10-3 in July, the best record in MLB this month
1) Rick Porcello
After bailing himself out of a first-and-second jam with no outs in the first, Porcello allowed just two more hits over his next 6 1/3 innings and improved his record to 12-2.
2) David Ortiz
Ortiz smashed a ball to deep center field that was caught on the warning track in the second. He didn't miss the next time, launching a pitch from Jake Peavy into the right field seats for a three-run homer.
3) Brock Holt
Holt gave the Red Sox the only run they would need with a solo homer in the third inning, his fifth homer of the season.