BOSTON -- Quotes, notes and stars from the Red Sox' 5-3 win over the Blue Jays:
* "I can't say enough about the job Christian did back there – blocking balls, calling the game…he was tremendous.'' - Rick Porcello on Christian Vazquez.
* "It wasn't good.'' - Pablo Sandoval on the results from his first MRI done on his left shoulder.
* "I didn't say that. When did I say that? Like I said, I'm here for my teammates. I'm not here to distract.'' - Sandoval on Yahoo Sports report that he has asked the Red Sox for a trade if he's not going to play every day.
* "There might have been a number of times tonight where that borderline pitch, he's able to give that presentation to get a called strike.'' - John Farrell on Vazquez's ability to frame pitches.
* "I feel like I was called up for the first time. It was an exciting moment for me. Last year was a long year, not playing.'' - Vazquez on his performance.
* Mookie Betts (1-for-5) has eight hits in his first four home games of the season.
* Craig Kimbrel has struck out at least one hitter in each of last 25 appearances, dating back to last July 30.
* David Ortiz stole second base in the seventh inning for his first steal since July 21, 2013.
* Every run scored off Rick Porcello this season has come via a home run.
* Since the start of last year, R.A. Dickey has made eight starts against the Red Sox and is 0-5, 5.24.
* Ortiz became the fourth player in Red Sox history to steal a base after turning 40. The others: Cy Young, Ted Williams and Rickey Henderson.
1) Christian Vazquez
In his first big league game since undergoing Tommy John surgery last April, Vazquez was 2-for-4 with a pickoff and guided Rick Porcello through 6 1/3 innings.
2) Edwin Encarnacion
The Jays DH hammered two homers off Porcello -- the only hits allowed by Porcello -- good for all three Toronto runs.
3) Rick Porcello
He beat a tough Jays lineup for the second time in seven days, pitching into the seventh inning and allowing only Encarnacion to do any damage against him.