NBA Draft History: The 3rd Overall Pick
NBA Draft History: The 3rd Pick
The Celtics have a 15.6% chance at staying where they are and securing the 3rd overall pick in Tuesday's NBA Draft Lottery. In the past 20 years, the team in their position has stayed at number three only three times, the last time being in last year's NBA Draft where the Philadelphia 76ers took Jahlil Okafor.
The Best 3rd Picks
Some of the best 3rd overall picks in the past 20 years include:
- Carmelo Anthony, 9 time All-Star and the 8th highest active leading scorer in the NBA.
- Baron Davis, 2x All-Star guard.
- James Harden, 4x All-Star, 2012 Sixth Man of the Year, 2nd leading scorer this season
The Worst 3rd Overall Picks
...And some of the worst 3rd overall picks include:
- Adam Morrison, 4 NBA seasons, 28 career starts
- Darius Miles, 8 NBA seasons, 10.1 points per game
- O.J. Mayo, 8 NBA seasons, 13.8 ppg during his career
Projected at #3
Dragan Bender, an 18 year-old, 7'1" forward from Croatia. Bender, the youngest player in the upcoming draft, played for Maccabi Tel Aviv this year.