CSN’s 50 regular season game schedule – featuring Hall of Famers Pat Foley & Eddie Olczyk – begins with the 2015-16 ROAD OPENER on Friday, Oct. 9 at NY Islanders;
First of four pre-season telecasts airs on Wednesday, Sept. 23 at Detroit on CSN+;
Plus – Live Pre/Post-Game Shows all season long and comprehensive nightly coverage on ‘SportsNet Central’ highlight 2015-16 Schedule
CSNChicago.com to feature 24/7 reporting from Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers; website to also feature live video of Post-Game Press Conferences,
“Blackhawks Pulse” Social Media Center, Daily Player/Coaches Interviews, Game Highlights, plus In-Game Twitter updates from CSN talent and much more!
“SportsNet Central” to provide special training camp coverage from South Bend beginning this Friday!
Chicago, IL (September 15, 2015) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of the defending Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks, is once again ready to deliver another thrill-packed season of NHL excitement with 50 live regular season Blackhawks games (23 home, 27 away), along with four pre-season games, in-depth pre/post-game shows, extensive nightly coverage on SportsNet Central and the most thorough 24/7 online Blackhawks coverage to date on CSNChicago.com!
The 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks regular season on Comcast SportsNet gets underway with the ROAD OPENER against the New York Islanders on Friday, October 9 beginning at 6:00 PM CT with Chevy Blackhawks Pregame Live (featuring hosts Pat Boyle, Steve Konroyd, and Jamal Mayers). Face-off will take place at 6:30 PM featuring the “Hall of Fame” duo of Pat Foley (2014 Hockey Hall of Fame Foster Hewitt Memorial Award winner) and Eddie Olczyk (inducted into the United States Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2012) calling the game action LIVE from the Islanders new home, the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. HawkAuto.com Blackhawks Postgame Live immediately follows the game featuring live post-game press conferences, live locker room player interviews, full highlights and complete post-game analysis. Plus – CSNChicago.com Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers will make regular on-air appearances throughout the season on Blackhawks Pre/Postgame Live and during home game telecasts.
Beginning this Friday, September 18, Boyle and Myers will also provide special, expanded Blackhawks Training Camp coverage from the campus of the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, IN for all editions of SportsNet Central, featuring practice highlights and interviews with players, coaches and front office personnel.
In addition to 50 regular season games, Comcast SportsNet will also carry four pre-season telecasts beginning Wednesday, September 23 at 6:30 PM, as the Blackhawks travel to face their “Original Six” rival, the Detroit Red Wings. In addition, the network will carry pre-season games at Montreal (Fri, Sept. 25 at 6:30 PM), at St. Louis (Thu, Oct. 1 at 7:00 PM), along with a home game vs. Dallas (Sat, Oct. 3 at 7:30 PM). IMPORTANT NOTE: All four Blackhawks pre-season games will air on CSN+; fans are urged to visit CSNChicago.com’s channel finder section (csnchicago.com/channel-finder) for a complete listing of CSN+ and CSN+HD channel locations.
Top highlights on this year’s 50-game Comcast SportsNet Blackhawks regular season schedule include 33 games against Western Conference foes, including 20 Central Division match-ups against rivals Nashville (five games), Dallas (four games), Winnipeg (four games), Minnesota (three games), Colorado (three games), and the final home game of the regular season vs. St. Louis. Among the key match-ups on this season’s Blackhawks telecast schedule on CSN include a pair of home games against Los Angeles (Nov. 2 & Mar. 14), a road battle against Pittsburgh (Jan. 5), back-to-back “Original Six” road games at Montreal and Toronto (Jan. 14 & 15), a 2015 Stanley Cup Final re-match at Tampa Bay (Jan. 21), and the team’s only home game against Detroit (Mar. 6). (NOTE: Comcast SportsNet’s complete 2015-16 pre-season & regular season Blackhawks schedule appears at the end of this release).
For the eighth-straight season, Blackhawks play-by-play legend Pat Foley and former Blackhawks star/Chicago hockey icon Eddie Olczyk (handling color analysis) will be the featured announcing tandem all season long. SportsNet Central’s Luke Stuckmeyer will be the primary on-site reporter for Blackhawks home game telecasts this season. Also, for his 11th-straight year on CSN, former Blackhawks defenseman Steve Konroyd will be the featured studio analyst on Chevy Blackhawks Pregame Live and HawkAuto.com Blackhawks Postgame Live, joining studio host Pat Boyle for the fourth-straight season. In addition, former Blackhawks center/current Blackhawks Community Liaison Jamal Mayers will also make a number of select appearances throughout the season on both shows.
Every Blackhawks game telecast on Comcast SportsNet this season will be preceded by Chevy Blackhawks Pregame Live, a half-hour pre-game show featuring a breakdown of the evening’s match-up, interviews with coaches and players and a look at the other games around the NHL. In addition on weeknights, fans can look forward to extensive Blackhawks pre-game discussion on SportsTalk Live presented by The Chevy Silverado. SportsTalk Live, hosted by David Kaplan,will also be the place to hear from numerous Blackhawks/NHL experts all season long.
Immediately following every Comcast SportsNet Blackhawks game telecast, viewers can look forward to the most comprehensive post-game wrap-up show on HawkAuto.com Blackhawks Postgame Live featuring live coverage of head coach Joel Quenneville’s post-game press conferences, along with locker room interviews with Blackhawks players. Following the majority of Hawk Ford Blackhawks Postgame Live airings, viewers can catch GMC SportsNet Central 10:00 & 10:30 PM and/or the midnight edition of SportsNet Central presented by CLR with the most complete recap of the day’s top local and national sports news.
In addition to the four pre-season telecasts, three regular season Blackhawks games are currently scheduled to be telecast on Comcast SportsNet Plus (see attached schedule). Comcast SportsNet Plus (CSN+) telecasts are provided to Comcast SportsNet affiliates and distributed to viewers when two live events are scheduled simultaneously. CSN+ is available in high-definition on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 201 in the Chicago area/South Bend, IN & on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 285 in the Peoria, Springfield, Rockford and Champaign markets, along with being made available in DIRECTV, DISH Network, AT&T U-verse, RCN, and WOW! homes among others; viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com’s CHANNEL FINDER for complete channel location details). Comcast Cable and RCN subscribers can also watch all CSN+ games in standard definition on CLTV.
From a digital/online perspective, Comcast SportsNet’s website, CSNChicago.com, delivers comprehensive 24/7 Blackhawks coverage all season long, including the following highlights:
- Live stream of Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville's post-game press conferences (sponsored by Xfinity) following EVERY home game telecast.
- Video highlights from every Blackhawks game, including in-game highlights after each period. Pre-game interviews from morning skates will also be provided, as well as extensive post-game reaction from the locker room and analysis from the “Hawk Ford Blackhawks Postgame Live” team.
- “Blackhawks Pulse presented by AT&T U-Verse,” a one-stop social media and behind-the-scenes destination that reveals the latest real time trending topics, player buzz and expert insight from Twitter and Instagram. Plus, “Blackhawks Pulse” aggregates all Blackhawks player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #HawksTalk.
- “Blackhawks In-Game Live,” – featuring STATS Inc.’s enhanced Game Zone real-time tracking system – is a second screen platform for PCs, tablets and mobile devices that combines state-of-the-art infographics, data visualization of real-time statistics and game info with rich social interactivity tied to CSN Chicago’s live game broadcasts.
- Push Alerts: CSN Chicago will deliver Blackhawks push notifications for breaking team and player news, “Insider” reports, plus game reminder alerts via CSN Chicago’s SportsTalk app for iOS and Android devices.
- BlackhawksTalk, CSNChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive Blackhawks news and opinion section featuring original commentary, reporting and aggregation. BlackhawksTalk is under the banner of NBC SportsTalk, NBC’s successful digital franchise on NBCSports.com that includes ProFootballTalk, HardballTalk, ProBasketballTalk, ProHockeyTalk, CollegeFootballTalk and Golf Central. SportsTalk was extended to CSNChicago.com through the creation of BlackhawksTalk, BullsTalk, CubsTalk, WhiteSoxTalk and BearsTalk, PrepsTalk and B1GTalk which contains interactive content and continually updated insights from the network’s digital and on-air talent.
- CSNChicago.com’s state-of-the-art “AT&T U-Verse Lounge” to provide expanded Blackhawks content through daily and weekly shows and segments.
- CSNChicago.com, NBC Sports and ProHockeyTalk.com will also produce Blackhawks and NHL content in tandem this season, which will include on-camera segments and digital reports.
- Yahoo: Via the Yahoo Sports – NBC Sports Network digital alliance, CSNChicago.com’s Blackhawks content will be available via sports.yahoo.com.
- Blackhawks coverage on CSNChicago.com/Blackhawks is presented by Toyota.
- Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers returns for her sixth season on the beat. Follow her on Twitter @TramyersCSN for the latest team/player news and inside access 24/7. In addition, fans can follow Eddie Olczyk (@EddieOlczyk) and Jamal Mayers (@jamalmayers) for even more Blackhawks/NHL insider coverage.
- Blackhawks digital reporter and producer Charlie Roumeliotis enters his first season on the team beat. Roumeliotis will provide Blackhawks and NHL reports/features on the beat with Myers. Follow @CSNBlackhawks on Twitter for full team coverage, giveaways, fan photos and game day news straight from the United Center.
- Pat Boyle and Luke Stuckmeyer and Chris Boden, CSN Chicago’s Blackhawks reporting team will provide pre-game and post-game coverage from the arena, along with digital content contribution and videos for CSNChicago.com throughout the season. Follow them on Twitter @CSNBoyle, @LukeStuckmeyer & @CSNBoden.
COMCAST SPORTSNET CHICAGO
2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks Schedule
- Wed, Sept 23 @ Detroit 6:30 pm CSN+
- Fri, Sept 25 @ Montreal 6:30 pm CSN+
- Thu, Oct 1 @ St. Louis 7:00 pm CSN+
- Sat, Oct 3 vs Dallas 7:30 pm CSN+
- Fri, Oct 9 @ NY Islanders 6:30 pm
- Thu, Oct 15 @ Washington 6:00 pm
- Thu, Oct 22 vs Florida 7:30 pm
- Mon, Oct 26 vs Anaheim 7:30 pm
- Thu, Oct 29 @ Winnipeg 7:00 pm
- Fri, Oct 30 @ Minnesota 7:00 pm CSN +
- Mon, Nov 2 vs Los Angeles 7:30 pm
- Fri, Nov 6 @ New Jersey 6:00 pm
- Thu, Nov 12 vs New Jersey 7:30 pm
10. Sun, Nov 15 vs Calgary 7:30 pm
11. Wed, Nov 18 @ Edmonton 8:30 pm
12. Fri, Nov 20 @ Calgary 8:00 pm
13. Wed, Nov 25 @ San Jose 9:00 pm
14. Tue, Dec 1 vs Minnesota 7:00 pm
15. Thu, Dec 3 @ Ottawa 6:30 pm
16. Tue, Dec 8 vs Nashville 7:30 pm
17. Thu, Dec 10 @ Nashville 7:00 pm
18. Fri, Dec 11 vs Winnipeg 7:30 pm
19. Tue, Dec 15 vs Colorado 7:30 pm
20. Thu, Dec 17 vs Edmonton 7:30 pm
21. Sun, Dec 20 vs San Jose 6:00 pm
22. Tue, Dec 22 @ Dallas 7:30 pm
23. Tue, Dec 29 @ Arizona 8:00 pm
24. Thu, Dec 31 @ Colorado 7:00 pm
25. Sun, Jan 3 vs Ottawa 6:00 pm
26. Tue, Jan 5 @ Pittsburgh 6:00 pm
27. Fri, Jan 8 vs Buffalo 7:30 pm
28. Tue, Jan 12 vs Nashville 7:30 pm
29. Thu, Jan 14 @ Montreal 6:30 pm
30. Fri, Jan 15 @ Toronto 6:00 pm
31. Tue, Jan 19 @ Nashville 7:00 pm
32. Thu, Jan 21 @ Tampa Bay 6:30 pm
33. Fri, Jan 22 @ Florida 6:30 pm
34. Tue, Jan 26 @ Carolina 6:30 pm
35. Tue, Feb 2 @ Colorado 8:00 pm
36. Thu, Feb 4 @ Arizona 8:00 pm
37. Tue, Feb 9 vs San Jose 7:30 pm
38. Thu, Feb 11 vs Dallas 7:30 pm
39. Mon, Feb 15 vs Toronto 7:30 pm
40. Thu, Feb 25 vs Nashville 7:00 pm
41. Thu, Mar 3 @ Boston 6:00 pm
42. Sun, Mar 6 vs Detroit 4:00 pm
43. Fri, Mar 11 @ Dallas 7:30 pm
44. Mon, Mar 14 vs Los Angeles 7:00 pm CSN +
45. Fri, Mar 18 @ Winnipeg 7:00 pm
46. Tue, Mar 22 vs Dallas 7:30 pm
47. Tue, Mar 29 @ Minnesota 7:00 pm CSN +
48. Fri, Apr 1 @ Winnipeg 7:00 pm
49. Tue, Apr 5 vs Arizona 7:30 pm
50. Thu, Apr 7 vs St. Louis 7:30 pm
23 Home, 27 Road regular season games; 4 pre-season
Total: 54 games
All Times Central Time
Schedule Subject to Change
Viewers are also urged to visit CSNChicago.com for even more extensive information on the 2015-16 Blackhawks, including web exclusive features, “Insider” reports from Tracey Myers (@TramyersCSN), game previews/recaps, video highlights, along with detailed stats, social media interaction and much more.