Chicago, IL (November 9, 2015) – Comcast SportsNet Chicago, the television home of the Chicago Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and White Sox, was the recipient of four Emmy Awards from the Chicago/Midwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. The 57th annual ceremony was held in Chicago on Saturday, Nov. 7.
“We are honored to receive these awards from our peers in the industry, but, more importantly, I’m even prouder of the non-stop dedication of our entire staff for the brilliant work they do on a daily basis,” said Phil Bedella, VP/GM of Comcast SportsNet Chicago.
To date, Comcast SportsNet Chicago has earned a total of 33 Emmy Awards since it launched on October 1, 2004. Note the following Emmy Award winners for the 2014-15 television season:
1) Category #7-b: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Program Series
- Bears Classics: Payton Forever: Sarah Lauch, William Parker, Greg Dely, Eric Fogle, Jeff Korbitz, Michael Cappozzo, Kristina Quinn, Brett Fisher, Kevin Cross, Bill Kurtis, Todd Williams, Jason Dolan, Producers.
2) Category #7-d: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Sporting Event/Game - Live/Unedited Program/Special
- Blackhawks Hockey on Comcast SportsNet Chicago: Jim Corno, Jr., Executive Producer; Mike Leary, Dave Turner, Mark Harper, Producers; Dave Ross, Associate Producer; Pat Foley, Play-by-Play Announcer; Eddie Olczyk, Analyst; Luke Stuckmeyer, Reporter/Producer.
3) Category #19-b: Outstanding Achievement for Program Promotion (Non-News) Single Spot/Campaign
- CSN Chicago - Bulls 2014 Season Campaign: Jay Wadhwa, Executive Producer; Jeremy Murayama, Producer.
4) Category #26-c: Outstanding Crafts Achievement Off-Air: Editor – Promotions/PSAs/Commercials
- Justin Schoenrock- Blackhawks Playoffs Image.