STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Dave Sobolewski scored 18 points and Jared Swopshire added 17 as Northwestern handled cold-shooting Penn State with ease in a 70-54 Big Ten Conference victory Thursday night.The Wildcats (10-6, 1-2) used a 25-4 run over an 11-minute span to lead by as many as 17 points, 33-16, in the first half. Penn State didn't score a basket for nearly seven minutes during that span.Northwestern shooters maintained their touch after the break, as the Wildcats made 5 of 10 from 3-point range in the second half. Freshman Kale Abrahamson matched his season-high with three 3s in the game.Penn State (8-7, 0-3) struggled all night to find a rhythm offensively. The Nittany Lions, who were led by 20 points from guard D.J. Newbill, shot just 31.6 percent (18 of 57) from the floor and were just 3 of 15 beyond the arc.Nittany Lions coach Patrick Chambers' frustration was evident as he knelt often at the end of the Penn State bench with his head hung low. The Lions went to a full-court press early in the second half but found little success in slowing down Northwestern.Sobolewski finished a tightly contested layup on a fast break at the 14:07 mark to put Northwestern ahead by 21 points, 45-24. A pair of free throws by Jermaine Marshall cut the Wildcats' lead to 46-33 with 11:39 remaining, but Northwestern countered with a 10-0 run to keep Penn State at bay.Northwestern relied on the long ball throughout the game, and it was a pair of deep 3-pointers that gave head coach Bill Carmody's squad momentum during that run. Redshirt freshman Tre Demps hit a 3 from the corner to start the stretch.The Wildcats had four different players score in double-digits, as Reggie Hearn scored 14 and Abrahamson added 10. The crowd of 6,479 at the Bryce Jordan Center began filing out in the waning minutes.Complete Recap Box ScoreTennessee Tech edges Eastern IllinoisCHARLESTON, Ill. -- Jud Dillard scored 34 points to help Tennessee Tech slip by Eastern Illinois 77-73 Thursday night, snapping a five-game losing streak.Dillard was 12 of 18 from the field and had three 3-pointers, including one with 53 seconds to play. He also had a team-high five rebounds.Dennis Ogbe added 11 points for the Golden Eagles (7-9, 1-3 Ohio Valley). Jeremiah Samarrippas had eight assists.Eastern Illinois led 44-40 at halftime and stayed out front until Dillard hit a 3-pointer, putting Tennessee Tech up by two with 53 seconds remaining. Sherman Blanford made a layup to tie the game at 73, but Dillard scored again and Matt Marseille hit a pair of free throws to seal the win.Morris Woods led Eastern Illinois with 25 points and seven rebounds. Blanford added 18 points for the Panthers (3-14, 0-4).Eastern Illinois has lost 10 consecutive games.Complete Recap Box Score
Men’s and Women’s Game Schedule includes area contests featuring UIC, Illinois State, Loyola, Bradley, SIU, EIU, Valparaiso, Northern Iowa, Drake, DePaul, Northwestern, and more!
Local coverage begins with the UIC Flames hosting St. Joseph’s on Monday, November 13 at 7:00 PM CT featuring Jordan Bernfield & David Kaplan with the game call!
NBC Sports Chicago live stream available 24/7 on NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive or via the NBC Sports app
Chicago, IL (November 6, 2017) – NBC Sports Chicago, the multi-platform home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of the Chicago Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and White Sox, is ready to bring college hoops fans another exciting season of action-packed NCAA basketball featuring a total of 65 men’s & women’s contests, featuring many of the area’s top teams and players.
NBC Sports Chicago viewers can look forward to the very best in local/regional basketball action featuring the Horizon League’s UIC Flames (eight games), along with Missouri Valley Conference action highlighted by Loyola (eight games), Northern Iowa (eight games), Bradley (seven games), Illinois State (five games), Southern Illinois (four games), Drake (four games), Valparaiso (three games), along with MVC #1-ranked pre-season favorite Missouri St. (ten games), plus – live coverage of the always-competitive MVC Tournament beginning March 1. NOTE: NBC Sports Chicago live stream also available to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers on NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive or via the NBC Sports app.
NBC Sports Chicago’s early season men’s collegiate basketball schedule gets underway with the University of Illinois-Chicago (UIC) Flames hosting St. Joseph’s on Monday, November 13 at 7:00 PM CT LIVE from the UIC Pavilion. The game announcing tandem for Flames games on NBC Sports Chicago this season features Jordan Bernfield (play-by-play) and NBC Sports Chicago’s David Kaplan (analyst). NOTE: ESPN Radio 1000’s Jonathan Hood will be filling in for Kaplan as game analyst for the UIC match-ups against DePaul and Wright St. In addition, Bernfield will also handle play-by-play duties for every Loyola game on NBC Sports Chicago’s schedule this season, which also features ESPN Radio 1000’s Jeff Dickerson handling color analysis.
Among the key regional match-ups on the schedule this season include UIC at Loyola (Dec. 2), DePaul at UIC (Dec. 9), UIC at Illinois St. (Dec. 19), SIU at Northern Iowa (Dec. 28), Bradley vs. Loyola (Jan. 13 & Jan. 31), Drake at Northern Iowa (Jan. 16), Missouri St. at SIU (Feb. 14), and Bradley at Valparaiso (Feb. 17) among many others. Note the attached schedule for a complete list of men’s games this season on NBC Sports Chicago and on NBC Sports Chicago+.
NBC Sports Chicago’s women’s basketball schedule includes six games featuring USA Today Coaches Poll pre-season #20-ranked/four-time defending Big East Conf. champion DePaul Blue Demons the first Blue Demons telecast taking place on Saturday, December 30 at 7:00 PM CT live from the brand new Wintrust Arena in downtown Chicago vs. St. John’s. Additional DePaul match-ups on NBC Sports Chicago’s schedule include games against Marquette (Jan. 4), Xavier (Jan. 12), Creighton (Feb. 2), Providence (Feb. 4), and Georgetown (Feb. 16). In addition, NBC Sports Chicago will also carry the Big Ten’s Northwestern Wildcats in action on Dec. 16 at Missouri St. (note the attached schedule for a complete listing of women’s games this season).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Numerous men’s and women’s games on NBC Sports Chicago’s college basketball schedule this season will air exclusively on NBC Sports Chicago+. NBC Sports Chicago+ (NBCSCH+) is available in high-definition on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 201 in the Chicago area/South Bend, IN & on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 285 in the Peoria, Springfield, Rockford and Champaign markets, along with being made available in DIRECTV, DISH Network, AT&T, RCN, and WOW! homes among numerous other carriers and streaming services; viewers are urged to visit NBCSportsChicago.com’s CHANNEL FINDER page for complete channel location details.
In addition to game coverage, NBC Sports Chicago will once again provide college basketball fans with team college coaches show this season (air dates may vary during the season) – Tuesdays (beginning in early December): Inside Notre Dame Basketball with Mike Brey (5:30 PM)…Wednesdays (beginning in late December): The Foundation: Northwestern Basketball (5:30 PM)...and The Steve Prohm Show: Iowa State Basketball (Season Preview Special - Mon, Dec. 11 at 5:30 PM; weekly airings on Mondays at 5:30 PM begin in January).
2017-18 MEN’S COLLEGE BASKETBALL on NBC SPORTS CHICAGO & NBC SPORTS CHICAGO+
- Mon, Nov 13 11:00 am Jacksonville St. @ Richmond LIVE
- Mon, Nov 13 7:00 pm UIC: St. Joseph’s @ UIC LIVE
- Mon, Nov 13 7:00 pm UNI: Alcorn State @ Northern Iowa LIVE NBCSCH+
- Wed, Nov 29 6:00 pm Vermont @ Richmond LIVE NBCSCH+
- Fri, Dec 1 7:00 pm Bradley: E. Illinois @ Bradley LIVE NBCSCH+
- Sat, Dec 2 3:00 pm Loyola: UIC @ Loyola LIVE
- Sat, Dec 2 3:00 pm IL ST: Tulsa @ Illinois State LIVE NBCSCH+
- Sat, Dec 2 7:00 pm Missouri St. @ S. Dakota State LIVE NBCSCH+
- Mon, Dec 4 7:00 pm Missouri St. @ N Dakota St LIVE
- Thu, Dec 7 7:00 pm UNI: UT-Arlington @ Northern Iowa LIVE
- Sat, Dec 9 3:00 pm UIC: DePaul @ UIC LIVE
- Sat, Dec 9 3:00 pm IL ST: Murray State @ Illinois State LIVE NBCSCH+
- Sat, Dec 9 5:00 pm James Madison @ Richmond LIVE NBCSCH+
- Sun, Dec 10 3:00 pm Missouri St @ Oral Roberts LIVE NBCSCH+
- Tue, Dec 19 7:00 pm IL ST: UIC @ Illinois State LIVE
- Fri, Dec 22 8:00 pm MVC: Loyola @ Missouri State LIVE
- Sat, Dec 23 1:00 pm MVC: Illinois State @ Evansville LIVE
- Thu, Dec 28 7:00 pm MVC: Valparaiso @ Indiana State LIVE
- Thu, Dec 28 7:00 pm MVC: Southern Illinois @ Northern Iowa LIVE NBCSCH+
- Sat, Dec 30 3:00 pm MVC: Evansville @ Loyola LIVE
- Sun, Dec 31 3:00 pm MVC: Missouri St @ Valparaiso LIVE NBCSCH+
- Wed, Jan 3 7:00 pm MVC: Indiana St @ Loyola LIVE NBCSCH+
- Sat, Jan 6 3:00 pm MVC: Southern Illinois @ Valparaiso LIVE
- Wed, Jan 10 6:00 pm MVC: Northern Iowa @ Indiana State LIVE NBCSCH+
- Sat, Jan 13 3:00 pm MVC: Bradley @ Loyola LIVE
- Sun, Jan 14 2:00 pm MVC: Indiana St @ Missouri St LIVE
- Mon, Jan 15 7:00 pm UIC: Oakland @ UIC LIVE
- Tue, Jan 16 7:00 pm MVC: Drake @ Northern Iowa LIVE
- Wed, Jan 17 6:00 pm MVC: Bradley @ Illinois State LIVE
- Wed, Jan 17 7:00 pm MVC: Southern Illinois @ Loyola LIVE NBCSCH+
- Sat, Jan 20 3:00 pm MVC: Missouri St. @ Drake LIVE
- Tue, Jan 23 7:00 pm MVC: Missouri St. @ Bradley LIVE
- Sat, Jan 27 3:00 pm UIC: IUPUI @ UIC LIVE
- Wed, Jan 31 7:00 pm MVC: Loyola @ Bradley LIVE NBCSCH+
- Sat, Feb 3 3:00 pm MVC: Indiana St @ Northern Iowa LIVE NBCSCH+
- Tue, Feb 6 6:00 pm MVC: Missouri St. @ Indiana St LIVE NBCSCH+
- Wed, Feb 7 7:00 pm MVC: Drake @ Loyola LIVE
- Thu, Feb 8 7:00 pm UIC: Youngstown State @ UIC LIVE NBCSCH+
- Sat, Feb 10 3:00 pm MVC: Northern Iowa @ Drake LIVE
- Tue, Feb 13 7:00 pm MVC: Evansville @ Northern Iowa LIVE NBCSCH+
- Wed, Feb 14 7:00 pm MVC: Missouri St. @ Southern Illinois LIVE NBCSCH+
- Sat, Feb 17 8:00 pm MVC: Bradley @ Valparaiso LIVE
- Wed, Feb 21 7:00 pm MVC: Bradley @ Missouri St. LIVE NBCSCH+
- Sat, Feb 24 5:00 pm St. Joseph’s @ Richmond LIVE NBCSCH+
- Sun, Feb 28 5:00 pm UIC: Wright State @ UIC LIVE
- Thu, Mar 1 6:00 pm MVC Tournament - Opening Round #1 LIVE
- Thu, Mar 1 8:30 pm MVC Tournament - Opening Round #2 LIVE
- Fri, Mar 2 12:00 pm MVC Tournament – Quarterfinal #1 LIVE
- Fri, Mar 2 2:30 pm MVC Tournament – Quarterfinal #2 LIVE
- Fri, Mar 2 6:00 pm MVC Tournament – Quarterfinal #3 LIVE
- Fri, Mar 2 8:30 pm MVC Tournament – Quarterfinal #4 LIVE
2017-18 WOMEN’S COLLEGE BASKETBALL on NBC SPORTS CHICAGO & NBC SPORTS CHICAGO+
1. Tue, Nov 14 7:00 pm Iowa State @ Northern Iowa LIVE
2. Sun, Nov 19 2:00 pm Missouri @ Missouri State LIVE NBCSCH+
3. Wed, Nov 29 7:00 pm Missouri St. @ Wichita St TBA
4. Sat, Dec 16 2:00 pm Northwestern @ Missouri St LIVE NBCSCH+
5. Sat, Dec 30 7:00 pm St. Johns @ DePaul LIVE
6. Thu, Jan 4 7:00 pm DePaul @ Marquette LIVE
7. Fri, Jan 12 5:00 pm Xavier @ DePaul LIVE NBCSCH+
8. Fri, Jan 12 7:00 PM Missouri St @ Illinois State LIVE NBCSCH+
9. Mon, Jan 15 1:00 pm UIC: Milwaukee @ UIC LIVE NBCSCH+
10. Fri, Feb 2 7:00 pm Creighton @ DePaul LIVE
11. Sun, Feb 4 2:00 pm Providence @ DePaul LIVE
12. Fri, Feb 16 7:00 pm Georgetown @ DePaul LIVE NBCSCH+
13. Sun, Feb 18 3:00 pm Missouri St @ Valparaiso LIVE
14. Thu, Mar 1 7:00 pm Evansville @ Missouri St LIVE NBCSCH+
(Schedules as of 11/6/17) -- ALL TIMES CENTRAL TIME
SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
It looks like it was too good to be true.
Tyger Campbell shocked the recruiting world when he committed to DePaul on May 8.
Less than four months later, Campbell has reopened his recruitment.
The Rivals.com four-star point guard out of La Lumiere High School in Indiana, who is the No. 66 prospect in the 2018 Class, took to Twitter Friday night to explain his decision.
One of Campbell's original draws to the Blue Demons was DePaul hiring Shane Heirman as an assistant coach. Heirman coached Campbell for two seasons at La Lumiere.
"I like DePaul and honestly my coach (Shane Heirman) just went there and we have a great connection and he's always had my back," Campbell told Scout.com when he committed to the Blue Demons. "I like [DePaul] coach Dave Leitao, too. I like his program and he's an intelligent guy."
Campbell currently has offers from a handful of D1 schools, including Illinois, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Purdue, SMU, Memphis and Tennessee.