The regular season has officially come to a close, and it is playoff time for all of boys basketball in the state of Illinois this week.
Simeon remains the top team in the area, and they're followed up by Class 3A local favorites in Fenwick and Morgan Park. Glenbard West is the only new team this week, but it's a familiar face that has been in the @CSNPreps Power Rankings before.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter this week @CSNPreps for IHSA playoff updates.
1. Simeon (1) (24-3, 9-1) — The Wolverines enter the Class 4A Bloom Sectional as the No. 1 seed, and they'll play either Reavis or T.F. South in their opener on Tuesday at T.F. North.
2. Fenwick (2) (25-2, 9-0) — Fenwick finishes the season with the best record in school history after beating No. 23 Hillcrest. The Friars are at home for their Class 3A regional and have a favorable path to the sectional at Westinghouse.
3. Morgan Park (3) (22-3, 9-1) — Morgan Park will try to make it back to Peoria for the fourth consecutive season as one of the favorites in Class 3A. The Mustangs open at Julian this week.
4. Kenwood (4) (19-4, 9-1) — Coming off of a strong stretch in the city tournament, Kenwood will look to make a run as the No. 2 seed in the Riverside-Brookfield sectional in Class 4A.
5. Curie (5) (21-5, 8-2) — Could we see another Kenwood-Curie game? That could happen if No. 1 seed Curie and No. 2 seed Kenwood meet in the Riverside-Brookfield sectional in Class 4A.
6. St. Joseph (6) (20-8. 8-1) — The Chargers could be in for a tough test if they advance past their regional and play North Lawndale in the sectional semifinal. St. Joseph enters Class 3A as the No. 3 seed in the Westinghouse Sectional as it tries to repeat as state champion.
7. Bogan (7) (17-7, 6-4) — Bogan is the No. 2 seed in the Class 3A St. Laurence sectional. Bogan and Morgan Park could meet again for a sectional title at St. Laurence, and this great Red-South rivalry could add another chapter.
8. Benet (8) (25-3, 8-1) — The East Aurora Sectional's No. 1 seed is Benet, which will play either Addison Trail or Willowbrook on Tuesday at home as it hosts the regional.
9. North Lawndale (9) (20-7, 8-2) — North Lawndale is in a tough Class 3A sectional in which it could face St. Joseph in the sectional semifinal at Westinghouse. The Phoenix are the No. 2 seed in the sectional.
10. Riverside-Brookfield (10) (21-5, 12-0) — Riverside-Brookfield never picked up its signature win over an elite team during the regular season, but it will likely get tested in the Class 4A sectional that is in its home gym. The Bulldogs are the No. 3 seed in the sectional and could face Proviso East for a regional title at St. Ignatius.
11. Marian Catholic (11) (21-5, 8-1) — The Spartans are playing great ball down the stretch, and they're the No. 4 seed in the very tough Class 4A Bloom Sectional. They have home-court advantage in the regional and could face Richards and Marist before a potential game against Simeon in the sectional semifinals.
12. Homewood-Flossmoor (13) (21-5, 13-1) — The Vikings are the No. 3 seed in that same Bloom Sectional and could match up with No. 2 seed Thornton in the sectional semifinals. Homewood-Flossmoor starts in the Oak Lawn Regional where it could face Crete-Monee for the regional title.
13. Whitney Young (14) (17-8, 8-2) — The Dolphins enter the Riverside-Brookfield Sectional in Class 4A as the No. 4 seed, and they are at home in the regional. Whitney Young could face De La Salle for the regional title.
14. Naperville North (15) (22-4, 15-1) — The Huskies are the No. 3 seed in the East Aurora Sectional and are one of the hottest teams entering the tournament. They could be dangerous in Class 4A.
15. Orr (16) (18-3, 10-0) — Orr took home a regional title in Class 2A and moves onto sectional play where it goes on the road to face DePaul Prep in the sectional semifinals. The Spartans are a favorite to make it to Peoria.
16. Vocational (17) (19-8, 4-6) — Vocational is playing in a difficult Class 3A St. Laurence Sectional where it is the No. 3 seed and could face Bogan in the sectional semiifinal.
17. Thornton (18) (22-3, 13-1) — The No. 2 seed in the Class 4A Bloom Sectional, Thornton could face some tough tests along the way from No. 3 seed Homewood-Flossmoor in the sectional semifinals.
18. Deerfield (19) (25-3, 9-1) — Deerfield picked up a big win over Evanston in the CSL Championship game and heads in to the Class 4A Glenbrook South Sectional as the No. 2 seed.
19. Evanston (12) (21-5, 9-1) — Evanston lost to Deerfield, but its is the No. 1 seed in the Class 4A Glenbrook South Sectional. The Wildkits have struggled recently and need to regain their form.
20. Hyde Park (20) (18-7, 7-3) — Hyde Park is the host of its own regional as part of the Class 3A St. Laurence sectional. They could face Mount Carmel in the regional title game.
21. Notre Dame (22) (21-6, 6-3) — Notre Dame needed overtime to survive Marian Central during the week, but it's a dangerous No. 4 seed in the Glenbrook South sectional in Class 4A. Notre Dame could be the type of team to get upset early or make a deep run.
22. Stevenson (23) (22-6, 10-2) — The Patriots have been a very good team lately, and they're going to be a factor as the No. 3 seed in the Class 4A Glenbrook South sectional.
23. Hillcrest (21) (20-6, 13-0) — Hillcrest fell to Fenwick during the week, but it has a favorable draw as the No. 1 seed in the Streator Sectional in Class 3A.
24. Prairie Ridge (25) (23-3, 12-0) — Dominating performance for Prairie Ridge in a win over Jacobs for the Fox Valley Championship. It's a No. 1 seed in the Crystal Lake South regional.
25. Glenbard West (NR) (23-3, 10-2) — Glenbard West looked great in the West Suburban Championship win over Downers South. It enters the Class 4A East Aurora sectional as the No. 2 seed.