Todd Lodwick was named flag bearer for the United States for the Opening Ceremony. Here are seven facts about the 37-year-old from Steamboat Springs, Colo.
1. Made his Olympic debut at the Lillehammer Games in 1994 at the age of 17.
2. Retired in 2006. During his retirement worked in real estate and as a commentator for Universal Sports. He came out of retirement after the 2007-2008 season.
3. Has two children Charley and Finn.
4. Enjoys bow hunting, hunts: elk, deer, bear, and antelope. Does target practice in his back yard.
5. Won his first Olympic medal in the team event at the Vancouver Games. He won a silver.
6. He won the Olympic Trials in Dec. and became the first American Olympian to qualify for his sixth Olympic Games.
7. During a provisional jumping round before a World Cup event in Jan. 2014, Lodwick crashed and dislocated his left shoulder. Despite the injury Lodwick will compete in the team event at the Sochi Games.