Your browser does not support iframes.Wayne Simmonds and Steve Mason. Wow, was that fun or what?
Simmer and Mase were everything you want from the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday night as the orange and black defeated the New York Rangers 5-2 at the Wells Fargo Center to force a decisive Game 7 on Wednesday at Madison Square Garden.
After a disheartening Game 5 in New York on Sunday in which the Rangers simply looked like the superior team, the exact opposite took place Tuesday in Philly. While the Flyers did come out a bit flat to start the game, Simmer's early score put them ahead and Steve Mason's spectacular work in net kept the Rags off the scoreboard until Amtrak tickets were already booked for Game 7.
There were 639 hats thrown on the ice after Simmer's third goal. Not a single person who tossed one will ever miss it.
Game 7. Tomorrow.
...much more on the Flyers 5-2 win in Game 6 coming... enjoy these 8 photos of Wayne Simmonds and friends in the meantime:
[gallery columns="4" ids="1049983,1049985,1049986,1049987,1049988,1049989,1049990,1049984"]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Joel Embiid said plenty with his words on Tuesday afternoon when he called the decision to have a minutes restriction in the teens to begin the season "f-----g BS."
He also sent a message with his fresh new look.
Jojo showed up to practice on the eve of the Sixers' season with a new hairstyle -- some cornrows remeniscent of the last great Sixer to captivate the city of Philadelphia.
No, not Andrew Bynum.
We're talking about Allen Iverson.
"I had the old hairstyle for a long time so I just wanted something new," Embiid said. "I know my mom won't be happy but it's only for a couple of days."
Robert Covington saw a resemblance, "Everybody was shocked. Told him he’s going to be the new AI.”
Was he inspired by somebody? Anybody?
"I just wanted something new, something crazy. I never do anything crazy, so..."
"I think it looks okay," Embiid, always his toughest critic, said.