When the Spectrum was torn down, we always wondered what happened to the statues of Dr. J, Kate Smith, and Gary Dornhoefer that used to be such a part of the experience of walking into the hallowed arena. Turns out, they've been in storage.
They'll see the light of day once again when Xfinity Live! (formerly known as Philly Live!) opens up down at the sports complex next spring. Not only will the old classic statues be dusted off, there will be a new iconic piece of bronze that will join them.
Bobby Clarke and Bernie Parent hoisting the Stanley Cup together will also be immortalized in a new statue that will be on display at Xfinity Live when it opens up, according to the Daily News.
Photo by James J. Kelly
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Jake Elliott has been a revelation for the Philadelphia Eagles after Caleb Sturgis went down with an injury early in the season.
But has he been too good...
If you're looking for a good laugh today, go check out this reddit thread that starts with a photo from Elliott's Instagram story in which he points out he got flagged for his third drug test in two weeks.
The comment section is as good as a Jake Elliott 62 yarder.
"Well, he does bleed green...," abenyishay says..
"Is kickers doping really a thing?" ChaosFinalForm wonders, as do we.
What do you think? Just the way the random drug draw fell the last few weeks, or does the NFL think Jake Elliott is into something?