At least Cole Hamels didn't break his arm. That's about the only thing that could have made the season opening series worse. Three games into 2007 and the Phils find themselves in familiar April territory: stumbling out of the gate. If there is cause for real concern after this opening series, other than the bullpen which we knew about coming into the season, it would have to be the performance of the expensive arm of Adam Eaton. That was ugly yesterday.
The Phils are in Florida this weekend, which may not be the best of things given their track record in Clearwater this spring, to face the Marlins. Hopefully, Jamie Moyer can dazzle the young Marlins and get the Fightins a notch in the win column.
>>Still too early to write off Howard, Phils [Philly Burbs]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Apparently Kyrie Irving doesn't want to talk about LeBron James.
After the Celtics' win over the Sixers on Friday, a fan asked Irving, "Where's LeBron?"
Irving's response ... NSFW ...
WARNING: The video contains offensive language. But if that kind of thing doesn't bother you, you can watch it here.
Irving was asked about the incident by reporters Saturday.
So what he's basically saying is "sorry, not sorry."
With the video circulating around social media, expect Irving to hear from the league.