Comcast SportsNet reports that former Flyers GM and Cup hoister Bobby Clarke could be headed to Columbus to serve as GM for the Blue Jackets. It'd be a curious move, considering that Clarke stepped down as Flyers' GM earlier this year at the same time that the team surprisingly (and prematurely) fired head coach Ken Hitchcock, who is now the suit behind the bench in Columbus. When Clarke resigned as GM, he indicated that he didn't have it in him anymore to follow the game tightly enough to perform at this level. Compared to Philly, I guess Ohio is like a retirement home for a GM who still wants to dabble, but I'm still surprised to hear the news. If Clarke does head to Columbus, he'll leave behind one hell of a mysterious final year with the Orange and Black.
Previously: Flyers Clean House [The 700 Level]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh, you thought we here in Philadelphia were special? You thought Bud Light liked Eagles fans more than they liked Vikings fans?
Bud Light likes fans who purchase their beer.
But yes, Bud Light did make a special little promo for Eagles fans playing off their "Dilly, Dilly!" campaign that for some strange reason many people seem to like. And get this, it uses "Philly, Philly!"
Because it rhymes.
You can watch that right here and the three other spots they made for the Viking, Patriots, and Jaguars below. The Patriots' one is probably the best.