Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
PHILADELPHIA -- NBC Sports Philadelphia delivers unprecedented coverage of the Philadelphia 76ers, providing fans with the news and analysis they want, through live game broadcasts and exclusive content on multiple platforms.
From the award-winning broadcast team of Marc Zumoff, Alaa Abdelnaby and Molly Sullivan, to the expert analysis provided by NBA veterans Marc Jackson and Jim Lynam, to the insight provided by team Insider Jessica Camerato, no other media outlet provides the level of access to the Philadelphia 76ers that NBC Sports Philadelphia does.
Play-by-play broadcaster Marc Zumoff, color commentator Alaa Abdelnaby, and sideline reporter Molly Sullivan team up for 74 regular season games on NBC Sports Philadelphia and NBC Sports Philadelphia+ during the 2017-18 season. Fans can also stream the games on nbcsportsphiladelphia.com or with the NBC Sports app.
A special “Sixers Pregame Live” will air on Wednesday, October 18 at 6:30 p.m., prior to the Sixers season opener against the Washington Wizards. Marshall Harris hosts alongside Marc Jackson and Jim Lynam. “Sixers Postgame Live” airs immediately afterwards on NBC Sports Philadelphia.
NBC Sports Philadelphia’s first telecast is on Friday, October 20 when the Sixers take on the Boston Celtics at 7 p.m. from the Wells Fargo Center. Prior to the game, Michael Barkann will host an hour-long “Sixers Pregame Live” with Marc Jackson and Jim Lynam providing analysis. “Sixers Postgame Live” airs immediately after the game.
Fans can connect with NBC Sports Philadelphia’s Sixers coverage on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat at @NBCSportsPhilly, or by following on Twitter:
In addition to its live stream of every NBC Sports Philadelphia Sixers game telecast, NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com also provides fans with even more exclusive Sixers content from Insider Jessica Camerato, video highlights from every game, exclusive interviews and podcasts including “Holding Court,” with Marshall Harris and Amy Fadool, and Marc Zumoff’s “Zoo’s Views.” Both podcasts can be found on NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com, Apple podcasts and Google play.