Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
The Philadelphia Wings are back.
Comcast Spectacor on Wednesday revealed the name of Philadelphia's new National Lacrosse League franchise would be the Wings, as a result of an online poll that allowed fans to suggest and subsequently vote on the team's name. The Wings received over 5,000 votes, beating out the two other top-three entries, the Fire and Founders.
The actual name reveal was done in theatrical fashion, as a skydiver, dropping from a plane high above the Wells Fargo Center parking lot, unveiled a banner of the team's name and logo.
“The Wings are clearly the favorite, and we’re happy to give the fans what they want,” said Lindsey Masciangelo, executive director of business operations for the team.
The Wings, which are set to be the 11th team in the NLL, will make their debut in the 2018-19 season and play in the Wells Fargo Center. The NLL's season runs from December through April.
Philadelphia hasn't had an NLL team since 2014 when the Wings moved to Connecticut and became the New England Black Wolves. The Wings were one of the four original teams in the NLL, which was founded in 1986. They played at the Spectrum and the Wells Fargo Center. The Wings won six championships.