Not sure how we missed this one yesterday, but holy crap. I thought Brent Celek getting decked by Bernard Pollard yesterday was a brutal hit, but then I saw this GIF of Seattle Seahawks' wide receiver Golden Tate catching Cowboys' linebacker Sean Lee absolutely blindsided. Lee gets totally airborne and his body goes flailing.
The Seattle Post Intelligencer's Seahawks blog takes a nice look as to whether the hit was illegal or not. Opinions, of course, vary:
Lee himself didn’t make any accusations Sunday after the game. He said he was hit in the chest, not on the chin.
“It’s part of the deal. It’s part of the game. It’s not really for me
to judge,” Lee said. “I’ll watch the film, but I know that can happen
any time you’re out there playing hard. It’s not my decision to judge
Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones thought the hit was questionable. After the game, ESPN reports, he said he expects the NFL to review the hit and possibly fine Tate.
Legal or not, the hit was a jarring reminder of just how brutal football can be. I cringed just watching it.
GIF by Deadspin [h/t my buddy Carl for alerting me to it]
Follow The700Level on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Eagles are without a kicker in North Texas.
Jake Elliott left the game at AT&T Stadium in the first half with a concussion. He was ruled out for the rest of the game.
Elliott saved a touchdown on his opening kickoff but it looked like he took a shot at the end of the play.
He missed a 34-yard field goal before he was taken in for evaluation.
After Elliott left the field, linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill began warming up on the sideline. His first try missed the practice netting and sailed into the stands.
The Eagles scored a touchdown to open the second half and instead of kicking an extra point, tried a two-point conversion and succeeded.
On the ensuing kickoff, Grugier-Hill put the ball deep but without any hang time and the Cowboys returned it to the 29-yard line. Still, not a bad kickoff for a linebacker.