You can now add Donovan McNabb to your evening drive -- meaning incidents of road rage are about to go on the rise across the Delaware Valley.
NBC will announce on Friday that McNabb will co-host his own drive-time radio show with former Steelers quarterback Mark Malone.
"NBC has given me a platform to continue to expand in broadcasting,"
McNabb told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday. "And with radio, you don't
want to be stuck just talking NFL. We'll talk baseball, basketball, the
Olympics, current events. We're also fans."
The show, called McNabb and Malone, is set to debut April 1. According to this handy chart, NBC Radio is apparently carried on 1490 AM in Philadelphia.
McNabb's postgame remarks frequently caused a stir throughout his playing career -- often times for little to no reason. It's an unusual talent that has followed him into his broadcasting career and will likely continue on a daily, free-flowing platform.
Now I know what you're thinking:
HE'S PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE AND HE THREW UP IN THE SUPER BOWL AND THEN HE SAID HE WAS A HALL-OF-FAMER AND SOMETHING SOMETHING BLARGHGHDSKDFASLFHDA
So, let's take a poll...
Who will you listen to for sports talk during the evening rush hour?
I'm leaving the snarkiness to you. That's a helluva set up. Don't let me down, guys.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Before the Flyers get in the spirit for a sixth straight win on Saturday night, they’ll get you in the holiday spirit, too.
Prior to puck drop against the Stars on NBC Sports Philadelphia, the Flyers will put on a unique holiday-themed light show, which will illuminate the Wells Fargo Center and its ice.
The “Holiday Light Spectacular,” which is presented by the Rothman Institute at Jefferson, will be a 10-minute show starting at 7 p.m., as all fans will be given light-up bracelets to complement a fun Flyers holiday video featured on the ice.
“This show is a new, can’t-miss holiday attraction in Philadelphia and one that we hope becomes an annual tradition for us,” Shawn Tilger, the Flyers’ executive vice president, chief operating officer, alternate governor, said in a release by the team. “This show is in line with the holiday staples of the region, and we’re excited to bring entertainment of this caliber to Flyers fans here on Saturday night.”
For fans with youngsters, Santa Claus will also be in attendance, taking free photos on the main concourse.