The NFL has announced that starting in 2007, two regular season games will be played in either Mexico, Canada, or Europe.
The plan, announced last month, was approved by owners in New Orleans
yesterday at the recommendation of new commissioner Roger Goodell.
"We are talking about a limited number of games that we think will have a
tremendous impact," Goodell said. "It's in response to the growing fan interest
in our game overseas. There are more and more fans on a global basis."
Germany has been said to be a top spot due to it's number of large stadiums. Hey commissioner Goodell, if you could do me a favor and schedule the Eagles to play in Munich during Oktober fest, that would be great. Talk about the ultimate road trip.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships