Many fans were quite upset about the team moving training camp from up at Lehigh University to the NovaCare Complex in South Philadelphia. The change meant the thousands and thousands of fans who made the pilgrimage to Lehigh's campus could no longer do so. In an attempt to make up for that loss, the Eagles announced they would make a number of practices open to the public (ticket required) at Lincoln Financial Field.
Tickets for those practices will be available next Tuesday and with that news we learned that the Birds are trying to go a step further to make up for the loss of Lehigh. Young kids who attend the August 11th practice at the Linc will receive a LeSean McCoy mini bobblehead.
DATE: August 11, 2013
TIME: 12:30 pm
LOCATION: Lincoln Financial Fiel
The first 10,000 kids entering Lincoln Financial Field ages 12-and-under will receive a LeSean McCoy mini-bobblehead doll, presented by ACME.
Other promos include alumni day with autograph availability, military appreciation day, and a safety day with the fire department.
Much more info over at the Eagles website.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
The Eagles lost middle linebacker Jordan Hicks on the second play of Monday night's game against the Redskins.
Hicks suffered an ankle injury and was almost carried off the field without being able to place any weight on his right leg. After getting checked out on the sideline, he was carted into the Eagles' locker room.
After the Eagles originally said Hicks was questionable to return, they ruled him out a little while later.
Hicks was in some clear pain coming off the field. As he waited for the cart, he was consoled by injured safety Chris Maragos, who was lost for the season in Carolina.
Coming into Monday's game, Hicks was listed as questionable with a calf injury. He said he hurt his calf after overcompensating for his injured ankle. On Saturday, when asked if he was 100 percent, Hicks said "who is?"
Hicks played in all 16 games last season but has struggled with injuries dating back to his years in college. He played eight games as a rookie in 2015 before tearing his pec.
Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) was inactive on Monday, so the Eagles are down to Nigel Bradham, Najee Goode and Joe Walker in their base defense.