OK, this is really sad. It's also really incredible.
With Carson Wentz's season officially over, we can look back at just how insanely great he was these past 13 games.
He went 11-2, completed 60 percent of his passes, threw a franchise-record 33 touchdowns to just seven interceptions and finished with a 101.9 passer rating, fifth highest in NFL history by QBs 24 or younger (behind only Robert Griffin III, Dan Marino, Dak Prescott and Nick Foles).
Let's take a look at some of Wentz's remarkable achievements this past season:
• Wentz's 33 touchdowns on 440 pass attempts are sixth most in NFL history by a quarterback throwing 450 or fewer passes in a season. His seven interceptions match the fourth fewest in NFL history by a quarterback throwing 33 or more touchdowns. Only Tom Brady (2010, 2015) and Aaron Rodgers (2011, 2014) have thrown fewer INTs in a season with at least 33 TDs.
• Wentz will go into 2018 with a streak of 15 consecutive games with at least one touchdown pass and one or fewer interceptions. That's the sixth-longest such streak in NFL history and six shy of the record of 21 games, set by Matt Ryan over the 2015 through 2017 seasons.
• Wentz threw 27 touchdowns in his last nine games. Only six quarterbacks in NFL history have ever thrown more touchdown passes in any nine-game stretch — Brady, Peyton Manning, George Blanda, Rodgers, Drew Brees and Marino. All either are or will be Hall of Famers.
• Wentz's four career games with four TDs (all this year) equals the third most by any quarterback in his first 29 career games. Marino and Matthew Stafford each had six. Mark Rypien and Fran Tarkentown also had four. Only seven QBs in NFL history have had more four-TD games in a season (Manning, Marino, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Brett Favre and Donovan McNabb).
• Wentz had a passer rating of 83 or higher in all 13 games he played. He's only the fourth QB in NFL history to record a passer rating of at least 83 in the first 13 games of a season. Manning, Philip Rivers and Rodgers have also done it.
• Overall, Wentz has had a passer rating of 83 or higher in 14 straight games, the eighth-longest streak in NFL history. Only five QBs — Manning, Rivers, Brady, Steve Young and Rodgers — have had longer streaks.