[mlbvideo id="27392319" width="640" height="360" /]
The Phillies lost on Friday night in the opening game of their series with the Nationals down in DC. One of the few highlights for the Philadelphia side was when Ben Revere threw a guy out at the plate (!) in the 4th inning on what would turn out to be a pretty viscous collision between Tyler Moore and Erik Kratz.
You can watch the video of the blow above or check out the GIF below.
Hell of a play by Kratz to survive that collision with the ball in hand. The rest of the night did not end so positively for the Phils. Kyle Kendrick did not have his best stuff and the Phils' defense was ugly. More on the loss here. Check out the (kind of hilarious) photo of Ben Revere badly misplaying a flyball here.
Here's what Revere said of the failed attempt, via Jim Salisbury's game recap:
“It tipped my glove,” Revere said. “Because I was playing a couple of steps in, the ball kind of got ahead me. It was a situation where you’ve got the wind and you’re trying to find your position at the wall. In normal conditions, I probably catch that ball.”
GIF by @dhm
Couple of photos of the collision and Ben Revere by USA Today Sports photos
[gallery columns="5" ids="1034588,1034589,1034590,1034591,1034587"]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
The Eagles lost middle linebacker Jordan Hicks on the second play of Monday night's game against the Redskins.
Hicks suffered an ankle injury and was almost carried off the field without being able to place any weight on his right leg. After getting checked out on the sideline, he was carted into the Eagles' locker room.
After the Eagles originally said Hicks was questionable to return, they ruled him out a little while later.
Hicks was in some clear pain coming off the field. As he waited for the cart, he was consoled by injured safety Chris Maragos, who was lost for the season in Carolina.
Coming into Monday's game, Hicks was listed as questionable with a calf injury. He said he hurt his calf after overcompensating for his injured ankle. On Saturday, when asked if he was 100 percent, Hicks said "who is?"
Hicks played in all 16 games last season but has struggled with injuries dating back to his years in college. He played eight games as a rookie in 2015 before tearing his pec.
Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) was inactive on Monday, so the Eagles are down to Nigel Bradham, Najee Goode and Joe Walker in their base defense.