Flutie plans to attend BC: (You may be thinking to yourself, "self, why the hell is this guy who has a website all about Philly sports always posting shit about Boston College?" Well, it is because I like chicken and beer.)
Link to article in the Natick Bulletin. I hear lots of hot chics come from Natick?
He knows what people will be thinking. The name on the back of the Boston College maroon-and-gold jersey -- FLUTIE -- will stick out. It will evoke memories of the greatest quarterback in the school's history, its only Heisman Trophy winner. One of the most enduring storybook careers in college sports history.
It could only happen once, right?
So why would Doug Flutie's nephew, Billy Flutie Jr., accept a scholarship to BC and literally carry the weight of the name on his back? "I'll always have that pressure of the Flutie name," he says. "But I feel I can create my own name.
Good luck creating your own name buddy, especially if you are a kicker. You might as well just change your name to Yudt.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships