It's a dull gray morning after an
afternoon Phillies loss, with not a whole lot shaking the Philly sports
landscape until the Eagles and Browns square off in the starters' final
dress rehearsal. The Flyers have a pretty big day ahead though, with
Ilya Bryzgalov set to debut at the SkateZone (and be presented with
the We The People Mask…).
The Flyers have everyone locally
and around the league wondering what the 2011-2012 season will bring.
There are plenty of new faces, guys most of us have barely seen play
in live action, as well as a guy we've seen plenty of in Jaromir Jagr.
We need look no further than these promo videos for the upcoming season
to be reminded that this particular team may take some getting used
to, but there's a certain excitement in the unknown.
I thought the historic footage was
a nice touch too. No matter who the players are, the Flyers are a constant
presence. They even mentioned that for 36 years, that constant presence
hasn't included a Cup. Not that we needed the reminder, but hey, at
least we all know what the stakes are as the team hits the reset button
and begins another new era.
Props to the video editor who was
tasked with compiling all that footage of current Flyers highlights,
given how much of last year's team is elsewhere now.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
If anyone knows about an underdog from Philadelphia finding that storybook ending, it's Sylvester Stallone.
The man who personified the Philly attitude as Rocky Balboa posted a message to Eagles fans on his social media.
Sly is wearing a custom "Stallone" Eagles jersey in the video and tells viewers he's a diehard Birds fan. He shouts out the great Timmy Brown as his favorite player as a kid.
"I got the ring, I got the jersey, I got the will, I've got the optimism that the Birds are going to fly triumphant over Philly tonight!" Stallone says.
"Keep punching, Philly."
The original Rock also shared an image of the Rocky Statue near the Art Museum decked out in Eagles gear.
"Now here is a statue that REALLY knows how to dress like a WINNER!!!!! I have tremendous respect for Tom Brady and the Patriots, but “… It’s about how much you can TAKE and keep moving forward! That’s how WINNIN’ is done!!!!” EAGLES BY KNOCKOUT!!!," the caption says.