'Tis the season of the NHL playoffs dominating our evening schedules at will, hopefully for the next two months... The Flyers have announced their schedule for the opening round series against the Sabres, which will open up at the Wells Fargo Center this Thursday:
Game 1: Home, Thursday, 4/14 at 7:30PM (CSN)
Game 2: Home, Saturday, 4/16 at 5:00PM (CSN)
Game 3: at Buffalo, Monday, 4/18 at 7:00PM (CSN)
Game 4: at Buffalo, Wednesday, 4/20 at 7:30PM (CSN)
Game 5: Home, Friday, 4/22 at 7:30PM (CSN)*
Game 6: at Buffalo, Sunday, 4/24 at 3:00PM (NBC)*
Game 7: Home, Tuesday, 4/26 time TBD (CSN)*
*you know what the asterisk means by now
With the exception of Game 6, we have a full slate of hometown coverage, with Jim Jackson and Bill Clement calling the games. So who's ready to watch some second season hockey? What's your series prediction?
After the last month and a half of hockey we've seen, it's understandable to have some concerns going into the postseason. But at this point, we know everything can change as soon as the puck drops in the playoffs. If we learned anything about this team or the NHL playoffs last spring, it was that.
Thanks, Mr. Flyer Guy.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
The Eagles lost middle linebacker Jordan Hicks on the second play of Monday night's game against the Redskins.
Hicks suffered an ankle injury and was almost carried off the field without being able to place any weight on his right leg. After getting checked out on the sideline, he was carted into the Eagles' locker room.
After the Eagles originally said Hicks was questionable to return, they ruled him out a little while later.
Hicks was in some clear pain coming off the field. As he waited for the cart, he was consoled by injured safety Chris Maragos, who was lost for the season in Carolina.
Coming into Monday's game, Hicks was listed as questionable with a calf injury. He said he hurt his calf after overcompensating for his injured ankle. On Saturday, when asked if he was 100 percent, Hicks said "who is?"
Hicks played in all 16 games last season but has struggled with injuries dating back to his years in college. He played eight games as a rookie in 2015 before tearing his pec.
Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) was inactive on Monday, so the Eagles are down to Nigel Bradham, Najee Goode and Joe Walker in their base defense.