Phillies get starting pitcher Freddie Garcia and give up Gavin Floyd and Gio Gonzalez. I like it. Phillies fans have heard too much about the potential of some of their young arms. I'm glad we no longer have to worry about when Gavin Floyd is going to turn into a good major leaguer. We can stop talking about potential and instead watch a pitcher with a World Series ring on his finger work the mound for the Phils.
The Phils gave up players that didn't have a clear role on the 2007 squad for a pitcher who has proven he can win in this league. A nice move by Gillick. He likely has more up his sleeve.
Jon Lieber seems to be the odd man out. Bullpen help is next on the list of Phils' needs. The Brewers Turnbow and Cappelan are options. There has also been rumblings about Texas reliever Akinori Otsuka. There is also the chance that Gillick goes even bigger, perhaps moving Brett Myers and maybe Rowand for a Vernon Wells or Manny type bat. I still have a soft spot for Manny.
>>Phils make deal for Freddie Garcia [Inquirer]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh, you thought we here in Philadelphia were special? You thought Bud Light liked Eagles fans more than they liked Vikings fans?
Bud Light likes fans who purchase their beer.
But yes, Bud Light did make a special little promo for Eagles fans playing off their "Dilly, Dilly!" campaign that for some strange reason many people seem to like. And get this, it uses "Philly, Philly!"
Because it rhymes.
You can watch that right here and the three other spots they made for the Viking, Patriots, and Jaguars below. The Patriots' one is probably the best.