Yes, the reports are totally true. Tony DANZA will sing the National Anthem before tonight's Phillies-Mets series finale. I know!
Much of today's news has been dominated by the brilliant start to the Eagles season and—stop me if you've heard this one before—the unfortunate injury to Donovan McNabb. But the Phils also won today, albeit with a caveat not unlike that of the Birds' victory. True, a W is a W, and Brad Lidge didn't blow the save per se, but man if he didn't try.
In any case, it was great to see Kyle Kendrick show up in a big way, pitching into the eighth and giving up just two earned runs. He's really taken his season in the minors like a man, and he showed he's still a more than viable emergency starter today. Ask the Mets about the importance of that kind of organizational depth over the course of a rough season, which can come at any time.
The Phils get a shot to win the four-game series tonight, with Pedro Martinez taking on Tim Redding, who is returning from a long DL stint. The rivalry has been subdued by the Mets' debacle of a season, but you can bet winning this game is huge for both clubhouses, especially the players who have been involved with it over the last few years. Game time's 8:05.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
The Eagles lost middle linebacker Jordan Hicks on the second play of Monday night's game against the Redskins.
Hicks suffered an ankle injury and was almost carried off the field without being able to place any weight on his right leg. After getting checked out on the sideline, he was carted into the Eagles' locker room.
After the Eagles originally said Hicks was questionable to return, they ruled him out a little while later.
Hicks was in some clear pain coming off the field. As he waited for the cart, he was consoled by injured safety Chris Maragos, who was lost for the season in Carolina.
Coming into Monday's game, Hicks was listed as questionable with a calf injury. He said he hurt his calf after overcompensating for his injured ankle. On Saturday, when asked if he was 100 percent, Hicks said "who is?"
Hicks played in all 16 games last season but has struggled with injuries dating back to his years in college. He played eight games as a rookie in 2015 before tearing his pec.
Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) was inactive on Monday, so the Eagles are down to Nigel Bradham, Najee Goode and Joe Walker in their base defense.