After a night in which his team couldn't muster up much at the plate, despite getting three extra innings to try and do so, Charlie Manuel is going to mix things up a bit this evening by giving John Mayberry Jr. his first start in right in place of Ben Francisco who hasn't fared well in his past few outings.
Mayberry has been great in a pinch-hitting role, but the only remaining Phillies bench player yet to get a start. Time for some action tonight.
Raul will bat fifth with Mayberry, Ruiz, and Valdez setting the table for Doc's big bat behind them.
Roy Halladay (2-0, 1.23) will have to battle the weather (and perhaps the Wolf Pack as well) as he's set to face former Phillie Randy Wolf (1-2, 4.32) who is getting the start for the Brewers. Wolf has pitched to mixed results in 5 career starts against the Phillies, 2-2 with a 5.10 ERA, but is 2-0 in three starts as an opponent at Citizens Bank Park.
Weather doesn't look great tonight for the 7:05 start, but they'll try to get it in.
VIDEO: preview of tonight's matchup.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh man, oh man, oh man. It's finally here. The 2017-18 Sixers season is underway with our squad locked in a pretty tightly contested game down in Washington after a quarter of play.
We've already seen Joel Embiid attempt to destroy the world -- and get fouled.
But the most buzzed about moment from the first frame of the Sixers' young season was clearly when Markelle Fultz went to the foul line and... well, tossed up some ugly bricks.
This isn't the first time we've seen this but it is the first time non-preseason Sixers fans are seeing it. We wondered aloud if the Sixers were doing the right thing with Fulz prior to tonight's game. The lack of information on his injuries is troubling. So what's the deal with that form?
Well, Twitter had a field day with it.
Although Fultz's shoulder looked perfectly fine on this delicious block! He also had a couple of early buckets.
It's a long season, rook. Just please work on that free throw motion.