Are you glad that the Eagles chances of returning to the Superbowl are decreasing exponentially? Yeah! I mean, no? Well, Philadelphia Weekly writer Daniel McQuade is glad the Eagles stink. Maybe something is in the water over at Penn.
Maybe the Eagles will trade a draft pick or Terrell Owens for Brett Favre and the Eagles will turn into a machine while Donovan sits in the hospital in pain. That would be ironic, yes?
PW: Scrape by, Eagles, Scrape by:
Three of the Birds' wins this year are among the most memorable in my lifetime. Who can forget David Akers' field goal in pain to beat the Raiders, the Eagles' 18-point comeback against the Chiefs or the field goal block returned for a touchdown-the first in Eagles history-to beat the Chargers? Give me any of those finishes over any game (okay, besides the NFC championship) last year.
Monday night's game was a downer. Blowing the game on an interception when the Eagles shouldn't even have been throwing the ball was bad, and missing a chance at a comeback win-Reggie Brown dropped a pass that would've put the Eagles into field-goal range-was even worse. But it was nice to go into a huge prime-time game in where the Eagles weren't huge favorites, where everything was on the line, where I was on the edge of my seat the entire game.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
The Eagles lost middle linebacker Jordan Hicks on the second play of Monday night's game against the Redskins.
Hicks suffered an ankle injury and was almost carried off the field without being able to place any weight on his right leg. After getting checked out on the sideline, he was carted into the Eagles' locker room.
After the Eagles originally said Hicks was questionable to return, they ruled him out a little while later.
Hicks was in some clear pain coming off the field. As he waited for the cart, he was consoled by injured safety Chris Maragos, who was lost for the season in Carolina.
Coming into Monday's game, Hicks was listed as questionable with a calf injury. He said he hurt his calf after overcompensating for his injured ankle. On Saturday, when asked if he was 100 percent, Hicks said "who is?"
Hicks played in all 16 games last season but has struggled with injuries dating back to his years in college. He played eight games as a rookie in 2015 before tearing his pec.
Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) was inactive on Monday, so the Eagles are down to Nigel Bradham, Najee Goode and Joe Walker in their base defense.