The Flyers' turkey will taste a little sweeter tomorrow after a nice 6-3 victory in Carolina. The Fly guys scored four goals in the third period, three of them off of the stick of Danny Briere. It was his first hat trick as a Flyer.
Scott Hartnell is earning his paycheck while there's no goalie on the ice. He scored in garbage time on an empty netter for his second goal of the year. His other goal was also on an empty net.
Yay, Flyers! Basically, we just wanted to post a picture of a nice pilgrim hat.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Joel Embiid didn’t let back stiffness keep him from returning to the Sixers’ lineup on Tuesday with a dominant effort in the team’s 118-112 OT win over the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Embiid had 28 points (8 of 16 shooting), 12 rebounds and eight assists in a career-high 39 minutes. However, the big man’s best performance might have come on social media the following day.
On Wednesday, Embiid sent out a picture on Instagram and Twitter of him scoring a bucket past fellow center Karl-Anthony Towns during the victory.
Towns, who had 19 points and 16 rebounds in the matchup, had a response. But much like on the court, Embiid got the best of this battle too.
h/t Bleacher Report Twitter account.