Cole Hamels (14-6, 3.03) takes the hill on Friday night down in Houston where the Fightins look to bounce back from a tough late loss against the Astros last night. He'll face right-handed pitcher Edgar Gonzalez (2-0, 1.74).
Friday night's lineup:
Follow The700Level on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Penn State looked like a bona fide National Championship contender in its blowout win over Michigan on Saturday (see story).
That said, the Nittany Lions remained one spot behind unanimous No. 1 Alabama, who beat Tennessee Saturday, at No. 2. In fact, the top eight teams remain the same from last week's poll, meaning that No. 3 Georgia, No. 4 TCU and No. 5 Wisconsin round out the top five.
With their statement win over the Wolverines, the Nittany Lions knocked Michigan, previously No. 19, entirely out of the Top 25.
Penn State faces its highest ranked opponent of the season on Saturday, when the Nittany Lions travel to Columbus, Ohio, to play No. 6 Ohio State.
For this week's full AP poll, click here.