Just shoot 'em.
It's the same old story really. You could cut and paste what has been written about this team all season long and it'd probably apply to yesterday's loss. I don't have any in-depth analysis of the game. To be honest, I'm kind of over this team. They never came close to reaching the level that we thought they could. Why not? Mostly because they're just not that good of a football team.
Phil Sheridan sums it all up fairly well. Go there to commiserate.
This is pretty awesome as well:
Think about this: the Eagles threw for just 179 yards against a Giants
defense that gave up 296 last week to Rex Grossman. Donovan McNabb was
afraid to pull the trigger on throws all day, overrelying on checkdowns
and averaging just 6.0 yards per attempt against a defense that has
allowed 7.03 this season.
Or just enjoy some pretty pictures: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Joel Embiid said plenty with his words on Tuesday afternoon when he called the decision to have a minutes restriction in the teens to begin the season "f-----g BS."
He also sent a message with his fresh new look.
Jojo showed up to practice on the eve of the Sixers' season with a new hairstyle -- some cornrows remeniscent of the last great Sixer to captivate the city of Philadelphia.
No, not Andrew Bynum.
We're talking about Allen Iverson.
"I had the old hairstyle for a long time so I just wanted something new," Embiid said. "I know my mom won't be happy but it's only for a couple of days."
Robert Covington saw a resemblance, "Everybody was shocked. Told him he’s going to be the new AI.”
Was he inspired by somebody? Anybody?
"I just wanted something new, something crazy. I never do anything crazy, so..."
"I think it looks okay," Embiid, always his toughest critic, said.