Only in Philadelphia could fan appreciation night be completely butchered. If you haven't heard by now, Iverson and Webber did not play last night and didn't show up for the game until minutes before tip off. I wrote yesterday that this could potentially be Iverson's final game in Philly sporting a Sixers jersey but that day may have already passed days ago.
Sports radio is livid with A.I. and you can't really blame them. I am just kind of taking it as another notch on the achievements of Philadelphia sports.
A.I. and CWebb, classless to the end. Trade them all, who really cares.
Billy King was happy:
We didn't make the playoffs. I've got a lot of [bleeping] work to do, and this is some [bleep] that is a distraction to me. Am I pissed off? You're goddamn right I am. Is that what you want to hear? You [bleeping] heard it.''
-The Bleeping Transcript [Daily News]
-King furious over late arrivals [Inqy]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Joel Embiid said plenty with his words on Tuesday afternoon when he called the decision to have a minutes restriction in the teens to begin the season "f-----g BS."
He also sent a message with his fresh new look.
Jojo showed up to practice on the eve of the Sixers' season with a new hairstyle -- some cornrows remeniscent of the last great Sixer to captivate the city of Philadelphia.
No, not Andrew Bynum.
We're talking about Allen Iverson.
"I had the old hairstyle for a long time so I just wanted something new," Embiid said. "I know my mom won't be happy but it's only for a couple of days."
Robert Covington saw a resemblance, "Everybody was shocked. Told him he’s going to be the new AI.”
Was he inspired by somebody? Anybody?
"I just wanted something new, something crazy. I never do anything crazy, so..."
"I think it looks okay," Embiid, always his toughest critic, said.