As if the Sixers recent struggles as of late weren't enough to deal with, Andre Iguodala's knees that bothered him so much last season have started to pester him again, forcing him to sit out Sunday in an ugly loss to the Spurs.
In a weird coincidence of words that are challenging to spell, Dre shares the same knee injury, known as chondromalacia, with Phillies second baseman Chase Utley. Utley's knees have not been responding well to early spring fielding drills, forcing him to sit out and even visit a specialist in Arizona last week. Chase will miss the start of the regular season.
Like Utley for much of last season, Iguodala has been trying to play through the pain, noting that it's been bothering him for the past month or so.
Dre was asked today about Chase's injury, and just kind of laughed it off, according to Martin Frank of Delaware Online.
So he understands Utley’s pain, although he responded with a laugh about Utley’s injury, which kept him out of the first seven weeks last
season and could do the same this season: “He [doesn’t] get off the
Well, that's not entirely accurate. While Chase certainly doesn't lift on a nightly basis like Dre and other NBA players do, No. 26 is certainly known to get airborne when the situation calls for it.
For what it's worth, Dre also told reporters that he hopes to be back tomorrow against Cleveland. Chase Utley told reporters they'll have to wait and see.
Exhibit A: not touching the ground.
Exhibit B: hops!
Exhibit C: Superman!
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Joel Embiid said plenty with his words on Tuesday afternoon when he called the decision to have a minutes restriction in the teens to begin the season "f-----g BS."
He also sent a message with his fresh new look.
Jojo showed up to practice on the eve of the Sixers' season with a new hairstyle -- some cornrows remeniscent of the last great Sixer to captivate the city of Philadelphia.
No, not Andrew Bynum.
We're talking about Allen Iverson.
"I had the old hairstyle for a long time so I just wanted something new," Embiid said. "I know my mom won't be happy but it's only for a couple of days."
Robert Covington saw a resemblance, "Everybody was shocked. Told him he’s going to be the new AI.”
Was he inspired by somebody? Anybody?
"I just wanted something new, something crazy. I never do anything crazy, so..."
"I think it looks okay," Embiid, always his toughest critic, said.