Kevin Kolb wasted no time in getting to work out in Arizona and spoke with reporters today after finally being traded from the Philadelphia Eagles yesterday.
He was quite excited with the cleanliness of the state and poked some fun at Philly.
From the Inquirer's Jonathan Tamari:
Kolb also took a playful shot at Philly, telling reporters that
he was impressed with the Cardinals and Arizona when the Eagles played
there in NFC title game in 2009. One thing he enjoyed was how clean the
"Granted, I was coming from Philadelphia," Kolb said, according to a
tweet from Arizona Republic reporter Kent Somers. Somers later added
that Kolb had a big smile on his face and said good things about the
Eagles and coach Andy Reid.
Don't worry Kev, like most people who move to Phoenix, you'll be bored to tears in a year or two.
At least he and Stewart Bradley can go hunting together or something. Adam Schefter reported this afternoon that Stewlander will be joining Kolb with the Cardinals this coming season.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Apparently Kyrie Irving doesn't want to talk about LeBron James.
After the Celtics' win over the Sixers on Friday, a fan asked Irving, "Where's LeBron?"
Irving's response ... NSFW ...
WARNING: The video contains offensive language. But if that kind of thing doesn't bother you, you can watch it here.
Irving was asked about the incident by reporters Saturday.
So what he's basically saying is "sorry, not sorry."
With the video circulating around social media, expect Irving to hear from the league.