WIP sent out an email this morning making it known that their broadcasts will now be available to listen to online. It is about time. I wish they allowed this when I was going to school in lands far far away from the radio waves of 610:
There’s big news at WIP. On Tuesday June 21, 2005 at 7:15 am,
WIP will launch an audio stream of its programming through
the station’s website at 610wip.com. You will now be able to
listen to 610 WIP, anywhere in the world!
*UPDATE* I finally got it to work. Had to use I.E..
In similar news I put on 610 last night during Gary Cobb's show.. If you were stranded on an island and could only listen to G. Cobb or Stephen A. Smith AND there was no choice of silence. You have to listen to one of them or else you die. Because this is my game.
Who would you pick? Man that would suck.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Seriously, Mike Trout, just come to the Phillies already.
You love Philly and Philly loves you.
It's meant to be.
The two-time AL MVP and Millville, New Jersey, native is a well-known rabid Eagles fan. And of course, he was in attendance for Sunday night's NFC Championship Game at Lincoln Financial Field.
Trout goes to all the games he can, he'll sit in the cold or the rain — he's just like the rest of us.
And he further proved that Sunday night from his usual seat.
Yup, he got himself an underdog mask, as well — and was rockin' it like an MVP.
Courtesy of NBC Sports Philadelphia's John Clark ...
Before the game, Trout sure sounded ready for this one. You know he'll be tweeting postgame, too.
After all, he's Philly through and through.