Mike Patrick may actually be more annoying than Dick Vitale. I don't think I would hate J.J. Redick all that much if those two windbags didn't fellate him over and over and over. J.J. Redick can play, but watching Duke on ESPN has become a trip to the dentist.
Louis Hinnant played phenomenal and Craig Smith was a beast as usual. A tough loss for my Boston College squad. What a first year in the ACC it has been for the Eagles. Unfortunately the came up a little short today. Hopefully they can make some noise in the big tournament.
The scuffle was much ado about nothing, but nice to see Al Skinner handle the situation well.
Every March, come tournament time, there has to be a good hair story, so let's hope Jared Dudley and B.C. can make a run to the final four.
The floorslappers prevail in a battle to the end. [Boston.com]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
It's still unclear whether or not the Eagles will have Ronald Darby for Monday night's game, but at least they'll have their linebackers.
Both Jordan Hicks (calf) and Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) will be OK to play against Washington on Monday night, head coach Doug Pederson said.
"Both of them will practice today," Pederson said on Saturday morning. "They're both doing well. Just to get a couple extra days of rest. And Mychal has actually practiced all week. Jordan's been the one we've kept out. Both of them will go today and we'll get a better understanding of where they're at but they'll be fine for the game."
Hicks, Kendricks and Darby were the only three Eagles who were limited in Friday's practice.
Darby (ankle) will be listed as questionable for the game, but earlier in the week Pederson said "stars have to align" for the cornerback to play this week. The 49ers game on Oct. 29 is probably more likely.
Darby, who dislocated his right ankle in Week 1, returned to practice for the first time this week.
"[Darby has] looked well. It's just day by day with him," Pederson said. "We'll get through today's practice with him. Obviously, have limited his reps during practice. He is doing well and we'll get through today and tomorrow to make a decision for [the game]."
The Eagles will practice on Saturday at 11:45 a.m. and the injury report will come out later in the afternoon.