Position Title: Intern
Department: Digital Media
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
Supervisor: Andy Schwartz
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline to apply: Nov. 20, 2017
Achieve a thorough knowledge of the digital sports media function through writing, editing and posting articles and videos.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Post stories (textual, video, photos, and audio) onto all digital properties
• Gain reporting/editorial experience by writing stories and covering events (based on experience level)
• Develop story ideas, search web/social media for latest news and potential stories
• Gain better understanding of basic Photoshop by manipulating/posting photos and compiling galleries
• Ability to learn website management programs
• Participate in social media outreach via Facebook, Twitter and other outlets.
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities a must.
• Additional duties as assigned
• Good communication skills
• Experience in print journalism
• Must have an excellent knowledge of sports (particularly Philadelphia sports)
• Strong writing and copyediting skills
• Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
• Must have sophomore standing or above
• GPA 3.0 of higher
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
Interested students should:
• E-mail cover letter/resume to Andy Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Apply here and specify they're interested in the digital media editorial internship.