We've heard about Nerlens Noel working on his shot with Brett Brown at practice and we've read the mysterious 4-4-14 tweet, but today we got some actual reporting on the Sixers rookie participating in a four-on-four practice. All signs point to impressive.
Dei Lynam has the full story which includes a report on Noel's game from veteran Thad Young who spoke very highly.
We'll cherry pick two quotes. First, from Coach Brown:
“We got a competitor," Brown said. “We can say he is 19 years old and he weighs this and he has to work on that, but how he ticks and sees things from a competitive side is beyond impressive.
"Beyond impressive," sounds great to me.
And an interesting nugget from Thad:
"He is one of the quickest guys I have seen off his feet," Young said. "One time we were going at each other and he altered my shot and I got the rebound and he was already off his feet again. He can probably jump three or four times before somebody jumps twice."
I'm not even sure how that works. But I'd like to see it.
During a time when it's near impossible to get excited about the Sixers, Nerlens Noel brings a glimmer of hope.
>>Nerlens Noel turns heads in Sixers practice [CSN]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh man, oh man, oh man. It's finally here. The 2017-18 Sixers season is underway with our squad locked in a pretty tightly contested game down in Washington after a quarter of play.
We've already seen Joel Embiid attempt to destroy the world -- and get fouled.
But the most buzzed about moment from the first frame of the Sixers' young season was clearly when Markelle Fultz went to the foul line and... well, tossed up some ugly bricks.
This isn't the first time we've seen this but it is the first time non-preseason Sixers fans are seeing it. We wondered aloud if the Sixers were doing the right thing with Fulz prior to tonight's game. The lack of information on his injuries is troubling. So what's the deal with that form?
Well, Twitter had a field day with it.
Although Fultz's shoulder looked perfectly fine on this delicious block! He also had a couple of early buckets.
It's a long season, rook. Just please work on that free throw motion.